Tomtom for windows

Hi I have a viliv s5. it runs windows xp its got gps in it SiRF star 3 and I would like to buy a gps software for it. I live in Australia Could someone please tell me where I can buy the tomtom software or anyone recommand which software I can run?
Thanks

From one site I found this:

Housed inside the S5 is the SiRFstarIII GPS chip. Navigation software is not included, but StreetDeck, Garmin Mobile PC, and Microsoft Streets and Trips are some of the more popular choices among users.

TomTom software, being linux based won't work. I have no clue how or where you'd get any other s/w packages mentioned.

It is possible to run TomTom Navigator 5 or 6 on a Windows based PC if you install a Pocket PC emulator on the computer, its a whole load of messing around and it might not work, in addition the maps will be very out of date by now.
Stick with PC based software such as MS Autoroute as thats a much easier package to use than software running under an emulator and a whole host of problems to get it working - Mike

Ask a Question