Can I download TomTom One to new desktop Windows 7 64 bit

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 130S
Just got new desktop Acer 3450 last week. Have TomTom One 130S Series GPS Unit. Can I download TomTom to my new desktop as I have Windows 7 64 bit on my new computer? Thank you.

You should be able to dl the Home 2 software from tomtom.com/home but I'm unclear as to why you are asking about the desktop.

Do you mean you wish to dl it prior to its installation? If so, I guess you can but I find it convenient (for me, anyway) to set the dl folder as c:\temp rather than to the desktop.

Thank you for your reply. I want to have TomTom on my new desktop so I can update my TomTom One periodically, as I did with the old desktop.

I went to the TomTom website and it shows that downloads are available for Vista and Windows XP and MacIntosh, and it does not mention Windows 7 (64 bit).

Should work on a W7 unit.

That said, some find they need to run Home in XP compatible mode to make it work.

Apologies we all got slightly confused here...
Your post title says "Can I download TomTom One to new desktop?" and your actual post says "Can I download TomTom to my new desktop?"

What we now think you mean (and this is how dhn has been replying) is that you want to install the TomTom "Home" utility program on the PC, so you can manage your TomTom ONE device.

But you can also BACK-UP your TomTom ONE to the PC, by simply connecting it via USB and using Windows Explorer to copy and paste the entire contents of the ONE to a new folder on the PC hard drive, e.g. the .
Windows Explorer will "see" the TomTom as a new disk drive.

That's what we thought you meant at first when you said "Can I download TomTom One to new desktop?"

Last edited:
Thanks. Being somewhat of a tech-challenged person, the latter instructions seem a bit confusing to me and I always fear I will mess something up. I did call TomTom and I was told to go ahead and download Windows Vista and that it would work fine for me having Windows 7 (64 bit); the fellow who answered the phone said that in the future, they will include a dash after Windows Vista showing Windows 7 as well.

Ask a Question