TomTom Eclipse Application

For those who couldn't install maps. Does HOME download them? If so they should appear in "Manage my Device" on HOME as an "Item on computer".

If they appear, you can try a manual install onto the Tomtom.

1) backup per this link
2) go to mydocuments\tomtom\home\download\complete\map
3) look for the most recent subfolder (this should be map 835)
4) in that subfolder there should be a large zip file - extract the zip file onto your map folder on your tomtom (overwriting as prompted)
5) in that same subfolder there should be a file "activation.cab". Use winrar and extract the file inside onto your tomtom map folder, again overwriting when prompted
6) run "operate my device" in HOME, and rename a favorite, then click done
7) disconnect and see if the Tomtom starts up properly

After reading about the 'possibility' that 7.832 might support the latest maps, I might buy a US and Canda 8.35 map for a TomTom One from the mapstore and try a manual install after backing everything up to Explore. I'll let you know when I have the courage for this experiment and/or permission from my wife to mess with her new toy again.

i tried with no luck unless i did someting wrong. I think the new maps won't run on anything less than navcore 8.2X or higher

Nothing new to report here just that I got word from TomTom Support this morning there's no way they'd ever let me upgrade to 8.25 maps since they don't support anything but 6.75 maps on the TomTom Eclipse. They also mentioned the tired response that I should contact Fugitsu to receive updated maps. Looks like I'll be stuck with 6.75 maps for eternity unless I venture out like you Tony and try every navcore with the latest maps. But it appears that you've hit a roadblock with 8.35 maps. I may still possibly give it a go. Perhaps if I pay the 79 bucks they'll downgrade me to 8.25.

Ask a Question