TomTom Eclipse Application

Not sure about the RDS, but it definately messes up the Sirius. You can no longer change presets on the tomtom screen. They are aware of the problem but haven't released a fix yet. I downgraded to v6 again. I can't even get TomTom Home to show the v7 software anymore. I think they pulled it.

I read that there maybe some issues with the RDS and Sirius on the version 7 update. Is this true? I have the update sitting here and new mpas too but dont want to take the plunge until I understand what is broken in this update. I have the AV2210p, with 6.554 still...

Alec

That's troubling daljeeper. I made a backup of my system before I upgraded but I don't plan on buying the Sirius module. I'm just wondering if we lost any other features.

However I had the issue that my TomTom started showing the green license screen everytime I started my car since the upgrade which didn't happen before. It was only after reading another thread that I found a fix. I can't believe I had to buy a new 2GB SD card because the map update was taking too much space on the original SD card. Why did TomTom only include a 1GB SD in the first place??? A warning would have been most appreciated!

Such a cool headunit but terrible support.

Anyone know where I can download the firmware/software for mine? I got a new SD card, my original was so corrupt I was not able to save any data on it. :mad:

Well, there is a link here for older firmware versions for various models.

You can select and install one for your model and, afterwards, upgrade to a newer version.

Well, there is a link here for older firmware versions for various models.

You can select and install one for your model and, afterwards, upgrade to a newer version.

Is there a documented procedure for upgrading to the new navcore? I have the software but the new home application does not allow you to apply your own upgrade...

Thanks in advance,
Nikhil

Uncompress the files in the .cab file and overwrite the files in the root of the unit with those in the cab file's root.

TomTom just offered me a new map for a lot of the lack of support they gave, but its the 675 map, which is rather old. Isnt that one 2 years old now?

First post-hello all, great forum.

And now a cry for help. I updated my Eclipse 2210P to navcore 7.833 from 6.5 and now I can't switch between the navi/audio screens when docked in the Eclipse. Anyone seen this or have a solution? I will probably start by downgrading back first.

I was hoping that would work but it didn't restart the ability to switch between the Navi/Audio screens.

Does anyone have a link to the 6.553 navcor? I'm afraid that my backup has somehow corrupted. When I reverted back to 6.553, the TomTom Duo began a rebooting cycle and never started. I had to switch back to navcor 7.833 even though it doesn't have the ability to switch between the Navi/Audio screens but it stopped the rebooting problem.

Last edited:
Try this: Reload 6.553.

Now, in Home.....Manage Favourites and make one change to a single Favourite, like add one, delete one, edit one. Take your choice.

Disconnect the unit properly from the computer (Home's Device-->Disconnect).

Is it working now without rebooting?

Oye...I had high hopes that your fix would help the rebooting issue. But it did not. So I loaded 7.833 again despite it being buggy and not fully functional and will keep searching for a solution.

I'll also try to get TomTom support on the phone or email. I've read that version 6.554 is very stable without reboot issues and maybe they can forward me the version.

Thanks for replying to my issue.

Mark

Last edited:
Last night, finally some progress. Using 7.166 from Oldboy's site, TomTom Home allowed me to update to 7.833. This update brought back all the functionality of switching between the Navi/Audio screens I had previous lost. :)

Now I just need to try and update my maps. Should I buy a TomTom One map and manually update?

Thanks

A brand new map (835) was released today but I think you need a higher application to make use of it for your model.

Yah I won't be updating navcores anytime soon. I'll just take 'er easy and see if TomTom Home eventually gives me a new map oppurtunity.

Thanks for your help

App 7.833 is supposed to support the latest maps, however HOME had a number of problems installing map 830 on that model. Maybe it was fixed in map 835, I haven't seen any posts yet one way or the other.

Home will install maps onto app 7.832, you could downgrade to it, buy/install your map 835, then reupgrade to 7.833. The biggest reported issue with 7.832 was that Sirius presets didn't work.

According to TomTom, regardless of application version, no map version higher than 6.75 is supported, nor available for the AVN2210p in North America. The version 7 apps were largely released simply to provide MapShare and thus the version number bump from the old version 6 application. The European version of the AVN2210p was a bit different, and they have had a version 7 app that supported map versions greater than 6.75.

So officially, the latest supported map for the North America AVN2210p regardless of application version is 6.75.

I have maps 8.25 working with 7.832, however i have had no luck with map 8.35 with any navcore that i have tested.

Mvl thanks for the link to 7.832. I'd be completely happy with 8.25 maps but now that 8.35 maps are released, there's probably no way TomTom would release version 8.25 maps to me. Might be worth a try though.

Tony, thanks for reporting on your testing. Hopefully you'll get to the point where it's all working.

Last edited:

Ask a Question