Tomtom Eclipse wont boot

Hello everyone,

Ive got a TomTom Eclipse from my AVN2227P car radio. The problem is that i cant get it to boot anymore.
When i boot it stops at a given moment and reboots. This stays a vicious circle where i wont go out of.

Ive already tried to reset the TomTom but that wont help. Also i have tried to update the TomTom trough TomTom HOME 2... but it gives this error:

ERROR: Internal/Malformed#createItemFromDLL/Internal/Malformed: Exception: Helaas kan HOME deze taak niet uitvoeren. Probeer het later nogmaals of neem contact op met onze klantendienst. Als je problemen hebt met items die op je navigatiesysteem zijn opgeslagen, raden we je aan deze te verwijderen en opnieuw te installeren.
Malformed Item info:
name =
id =
version = 0
locationType = 1252
install location physicalType = 1504
metadata =

Severity: 1105
-
Internal/Malformed: Malformed: Helaas kan HOME deze taak niet uitvoeren. Probeer het later nogmaals of neem contact op met onze klantendienst. Als je problemen hebt met items die op je navigatiesysteem zijn opgeslagen, raden we je aan deze te verwijderen en opnieuw te installeren.
Must not be empty
Bad value: "" (type: string)
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttItemFactory.js:43
let wrapper = new Exception(null, newId);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttItemFactory.js:90
var modelitem = this.createItemFromDLL(dllitem, onlyType);
2. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js:122
var devItems = gApplication.itemFactory.createItemListFromDLL(devItemsDLL);
3. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:507
} catch(e) {

CAUSE: Internal/Malformed: Malformed: Helaas kan HOME deze taak niet uitvoeren. Probeer het later nogmaals of neem contact op met onze klantendienst. Als je problemen hebt met items die op je navigatiesysteem zijn opgeslagen, raden we je aan deze te verwijderen en opnieuw te installeren.
Must not be empty
Bad value: "" (type: string)
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/serverinput.js:84
throw new Malformed("Must not be empty", uc);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/serverinput.js:218
var str = this.nonemptystring(uc);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttNavItem.js:245
this._idstr = makeSafe.contentidstr(item.id);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttItemFactory.js:39
result.importFromDLL(item);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttItemFactory.js:90
var modelitem = this.createItemFromDLL(dllitem, onlyType);
5. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js:122
var devItems = gApplication.itemFactory.createItemListFromDLL(devItemsDLL);
6. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:507
} catch(e) {

Time: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:04:07 GMT

(The language is Dutch but whats in dutch says that TomTom Home cant execute this action and i should contact TomTom)

I think this has something to do with why it doesnt start but i cant understand this. Also when i try to backup the system trough the windows explorer it keeps giving a lot of items the "File or directory is corrupted and unreadable".

My best options seems to fully clean out the eclipse and install it from scratch... i just dont know how because i dont know what to install (version of tomtom) and if this is possible.

I hope you guys can give me some clearings. Thanks!

If you can't backup using explorer then there's a good chance the file system is corrupt.

I haven't worked with the eclipse before - so I don't know if the steps below would work (they work with a standard PND Tomtom).

1) backup your map folder if possible using windows explorer
2) format the Tomtom, make sure "quickformat" is disabled
3) extract the contents of this file with Winrar onto the Tomtom

Then try to add a map by using one of these 3 steps (if one step works, skip the rest):
a) go to HOME -> "add traffic, voices, etc" -> "items on my computer" and see if there is a map to add.
b) try copying the map folder back from your backup (in step 1 above)
c) call Tomtom support and see if they can activate a map onto your account to get things working. If not, you may have to buy a new map.

Thanks for the reaction MVL.

Ive formatted my flashdisk and put the navcore files on it.

It boots again tough it says i dont have maps (wich is correct). Ive sended them an email yesterday and if i dont have a reaction by tomorrow im gonna call them.

Thanks for the help.

Nick

Ask a Question