TomTom Eclipse Application

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
Guys, what is the latest version of the software for the TomTom Eclipse? When I look at the stuff on TomTom Home it says the App version is 0 and it's not pulling any updates using Home 2.1.2.121. When I look on the PND itself it says version 6.553. Is the new v7.x out for this product?

Thanks!

6.553 is the latest, luckily, they released it very quickly after the (very) buggy 6.552 from a month or so ago.

6.553 is the latest, luckily, they released it very quickly after the (very) buggy 6.552 from a month or so ago.

I just upgraded to the 6.553 firmware and it's still giving me the same problem that the 6.552 was giving me (rebooting everytime that I turn the car off). Is there any way to fix that problem or should I revert back to my original firmware?

Also, what is the latest version of the maps for the tomtom? I'm using tomtom home and it's saying that 675 is the latest... I want to make sure that I get my free map upgrade before my month is up.

Mine was rebooting with 6.553 too. I bought a 4GB SD card to put in it, copied everything off the card that came with it and no more rebooting. Who knows? And getting support on these things is a nightmare. You call TomTom and they tell you to call Eclipse, you call Eclipse and they say call TomTom.

I just upgraded to the 6.553 firmware and it's still giving me the same problem that the 6.552 was giving me (rebooting everytime that I turn the car off). Is there any way to fix that problem or should I revert back to my original firmware?

Also, what is the latest version of the maps for the tomtom? I'm using tomtom home and it's saying that 675 is the latest... I want to make sure that I get my free map upgrade before my month is up.

What is the free map upgrade for the Eclipse? I have been trying to find out from TomTom if there was any such upgrade for this model, so far I have just been given a run around, was told by email tech support to call Tom Tom, who gives me a number for Fujitsu which apparently does not work, then back to TomTom, etc etc, with no answer yet.

As of today, Feb 3rd, 2008, the latest app version is 6.554.7849, it was released just recently, see my thread here: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=6875

675 is the latest map version for the 2210p as well.

I had the rebooting/not turning off problem as well and there were two causes... the first was upgrading to 6.552, the 1GB memory card that came with the DUO was the culprit - put in a 2GB (grabbed on sale at BestBuy at the time for $9.99 and it was good to go. Then the problem cropped up again when I installed TripMaster. Not sure what the deal was with that, but I took TM off and it was fine again.

When is TomTom going to update the AVN-2210p to v7? This is getting ridiculous. :mad: Aren't all the other models already on v7? I replaced my 910 with this because I was always afraid to leave it in the car and now I have to use old maps. TomTom needs to get their crap together and stop treating this fairly new system as the red-headed step child of the group.

On a side note, did anyone see they have a version of the TomTom Eclipse called the TomTom Daihatsu? LOL

I agree on the lack of updates for the 2210, it's a bit frustrating. I am not sure about the current/past model lineup and it's map versioning but I do know that v7 has been out for a while now.

There's also a Toyota mentioned on the site in a few places (and in HOME). I believe this is because in certain parts of the worlds, you can get the 2210p as an option in vehicles from those manufacturers.

I have a TomTom Toyota (like N715DP said) because here in Italy is on sale a Toyota Yaris with the Eclipse on board. I'm afraid we'll never see v7, crappy business politics...

lorthirk,

first, welcome to the forums... where did you hear/read that there won't be a v7 update for the 2210p? Just curious.

Just my speculations... There's no official news, but since I think that port a standard V7 app to the Eclipse shouldn't be THAT hard (they only have to merge the audio section of the app) and that we are VERY late comparing to other TomTom products...

I was hoping you knew something we hadn't heard here. I agree that it's been a while and that porting over the audio controls of the head unit wouldn't be that difficult. I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed.

I'm seriously considering removing it from my car. I mean it's not all that impressive in the sound department. And with TomTom not updating it, it make me even less impressed. Too bad it won't mount in our Ford Escape. I would throw it in there and go back to using my GO 910.

Even worse, asking TomTom won't help. They replied me (the Italian support) that "We are always improving our products. However, we can't tell when the next update will be released". Pathetic.

almost as bad as "you'll have to contact eclipse" who then says "you'll have to contact tom tom"... and on and on and on...

Months passes by... No news? I tried to contact TomTom again, even if my hopes are almost void. Isn't there a way to contact some developer from TomTom, instead of the crappy tech assistance?

it doesn't seem like it... we're stuck in limbo while TomTom feels like we aren't important enough to keep up to date like everyone else. It looks like v8 is coming out / came out for most (maybe all) devices and yet we are still stuck on version 6.5... thanks TomTom and Eclipse - for an overpriced, overhyped, mediocre product that you now want to ignore. :mad: :rolleyes:

Ask a Question