TomTom Eclipse Application

Incredible... It seems that now the 7.831 has been dropped out. I tried to do a reset since RDS-TMC seems not to work anymore, and I've been prompted to install 6.554 o_O

Ok, finally I got an answer from Eclipse. The thing that broke down my RDS-TMC was the firmware upgrade, found here, that I applied to my Toyota TNS 400 (which is a sort of customized AVN2227P). I contacted my local car dealer and it seems they'll fix it.

thanks for the link lorthirk, I didn't know that update was available. :)

You're welcome, but I recommend you to NOT UPDATE if you (or anyone else) has the Toyota TNS 400. Of course, it's ok (or at least I think so :)) if you have an Eclipse AVN2227P.

The 7.831 update also breaks the ability to control the Sirius receiver (SIR-ECL1). I can no longer change Sirius presets on the PND screen. But I can still change the AM/FM presets on the PND screen. *SIGH* Apparently there is no reason to test these things before releasing an update.

If new maps are out I'm going to be a little upset, I just purchased newest maps that were available about 5 days ago. Would that be covered on the new map gaurantee thing?

I would hope so! If not, call your credit card company and stop payment on the transaction, then buy the new ones.

The maps that were for sale were a very minor revision number over the release-day version so I never bothered with them.

I don't know that I am going to get these maps either, not sure I can justify the expense.

You'll all love this. I called to see if they would give me the newer maps and was told that those maps are not going to work on the TomTom Eclipse. They said they are only shown in error and they are working to fix it. WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something seems a bit odd there.. I guess we are all too cheap to throw down the $100 (!!!!!) to update.

UPDATE:

I just spent an hour on the phone with TomTom. Turns out they didn't know that the Eclipse had updated to 7.831 and that is why they were saying it couldn't use the new map. I have since corrected them and they are supposed to send an email out to their support staff with all the updates. So it looks like everyone should be able to update to the new maps without a problem.

Thanks to Shoveler for taking the plunge to prove the maps worked on our devices.

that was nice of you to train their support people :D

any word on if you are going to get a credit back for the old maps or anything?

They upgraded me tithe new maps. :)

I read that there maybe some issues with the RDS and Sirius on the version 7 update. Is this true? I have the update sitting here and new mpas too but dont want to take the plunge until I understand what is broken in this update. I have the AV2210p, with 6.554 still...

Alec

Ask a Question