eclipse tomtom

I have an eclipse tomtom in my car. I like it, but I'm having trouble with some of the routings in the US. I'm not sure if I have the latest update on the mapping for the US, nor do I have a book for it to tell me how to download new maps, if it is possible. Anyone out there in tomtom land who can address these frustrations? Hope so. By the way, I am a real computer bozo. Please understand that I am most comfortable with quill pen and candle, and I am certainly a neophyte tomtom user. Thanks, jmartin

welcome to the world of being a forgotten Tom Tom customer. There are no major map updates available. My Eclipse 2210 came with v665 and v675 is the "new" version of the maps available - trust me, don't waste your money. Of course, it's also good to point out that everyone else is on version 7 or even version 7 of the core software while we are stuck in the crappy stone ages.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Tom Tom and Eclipse show us no love when it comes to support and updates.

Here's a thread I posted with my thoughts on the device: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=8569&highlight=eclipse

Overall, it works as advertised, but there is no love for us like there is for everyone else with other TT hardware.

Ask a Question