tomtom backup files

Hi, I have tomtom home 3rd edition version 2.6. I have suddenly discovered today that my sd card was not recognised by the tomtom device. When I put the card on the pc i saw no files in the folder meaning there were no files on the card. I dont have back up files uploaded onto my pc. I guess the sd card has been corrupt or some other reason. Could you help me with this. Do I have buy another card or download maps again. If so will the downloaded files be compatible with the sd card I have. Pl help me out with this problem.

Before the problems, had you the original map that came with the unit on the sd card or (hopefully) was it an upgraded map? If the latter, we may be able to do something about it.

Also, when you do look at the contents of the card on the computer, is the card in a card reader or in the tom tom unit? And do you have Windows set to show hidden files and folders?

Hello!!! Help me pls!!! The start-up and turn-off images have disappeared. How can I fix it?:eek:

Last edited:
Welcome to TTF.

Want to give us a clue as to the model you have, the application and what you did that resulted in the loss of images?

Hi Constantin,welcome to the forums, but it would be better if you start a new topic for your question, rather than tag it onto a completely different one. you can use the "New Thread" link at the top of the index page.

also, tell us what model you have, as the way the images are controlled is somewhat different for different models.

Ask a Question