TOMTOM One IQ Routes - No Backup

TomTom Model(s)
one iq routes
I have been reading a couple of forums and noticed that taking the back up is the one important step. I don't have the back-up due to a laptop crash and hence don't have one.

The issue with my tom tom is that it starts the load up screen, goes through a few configuration screen and at the setup time screen on clicking the 'Done' button, the tomtom freezes and then after a while restarts, and the same process as above loops.

In some of the forums i noticed the request for the version of the tomtom. The details are

BootLoaderVersion=55136
LinuxVersion=344750
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8415
ApplicationVersion=1240

Thanks.

Try resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 dseconds till you hear the drum sounds (unless your model has a dedicated reset hole)

If that doesn't work:

Connect the unit to Home. Run the emulator (Operate my unit). Plan a trip. When the routing is finished, disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Any better?

In the tomtom home. Navigated to 'Operate One'. The configuration was completed as if in the TomTom and then the error message appeared 'Map not found'. As detailed in the error message went to TomTom/Support and searched for 'No Map found'. Followed the detailed steps which was to re-down load the map. Which is as below;

'The following procedure removes all map files from your device. You will have to rename the folder where your TomTom downloads are saved, which will prompt your map to appear in the list of updates again.

Note:The total process of a map download can take up to several hours, depending on your internet connection speed and the size of the map you are downloading.
Connect your device to your computer and start TomTom HOME.

Click on Manage my device and delete the map from your device if it appears in the list.

Completely exit TomTom HOME. [ more... ]

Find the folder named TomTom in the following location and rename it (eg TomTomOld):
Windows 7 / Vista: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\My Documents\
Mac OS: /Users/[USERNAME]/Documents/
Start TomTom HOME again.

Click Log in in the top right hand corner. Enter your user name and password, then click Log in.
Note: Make sure you use the same account that you used to purchase the map.

Click Update my device.

Your map will show in the list of updates. Click Update and install.
If you get a server time-out error, it means that there is a problem with the connection between your device and the TomTom HOME servers. [ more... ]

When the download has finished, click Done.

Click the blue eject button in the bottom right of TomTom HOME to safely disconnect your device. Disconnect your device from your computer. Your device will now load the new map.'

During perform this re-installation another error message appears; cannot delete <map name>/cline.dat

Any ideas?

If the new map has downloaded successfully and it's only failing during the install to the TomTom, then I suggest you remove the old map folder from the XL yourself manually using Windows Explorer

Then use Home to install the map again using thew "Add Traffic, voices etc." section. Scroll through to "Items on my computer" and the map should be there.

Ask a Question