TomTom and Sprint

TomTom Model(s)
TT910/TT920t
I have a katana bluetooth phone from sprint and a TT910. Some of the feature work on the phone but not all. I have looked on the list on the TT website to see the phone was ever put on the list to be compatable. No such luck. My question is.. Would this be tomtom slacking or sprint/sanyo? I dont see any of Sanyo's phones up there and only a couple of sprints.

Thanks

Foxbreakr

I've got some of the same issues, I'm sure. I have a Sprint\Samsung phone, an spd-a900, i think it's called. I don't feel like taking the battery out to check. It's the razor-esque phone they offer.

Apparently, the reason i couldn't retrieve my contacts, has to do with the way they are stored on the phone.

Good news is that I got the phone book entries, recently dialed and recently called options to work. Just had to manually create a contact list on the TT, which while a bit tedious, was simple.

Check out my thread "contact list help" to see how Pedro steered me in the right direction.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=836

Good luck.

Some of the functions work well, contact list updates with no problem, making calls little problems but it works. :confused:. But I cannot txt message with it or get any of the useful tt Plus features such as traffic/weather and such cause they are not 'fully' compatable. I am thinking here that Sprint is a MAJOR company in phones. i dont see why either company is not taking steps to make them work well together. Thanks for the reply.

Foxbreakr

Not all phones can create text messages. My phone can use TT Plus, make receive calls and receive texts messages but can't create them.

When I tested out a 910, I had the same issue. My phone could make and receive calls, receive text messages, but like Pedro, could not send messages. I was using a RAZR.

I was able to get TT Plus services working with Sprint and a Samsung A940 phone. I can't recall the exact settings that TT asks for, but basically for phone you pick "Other" and service provider you pick "Other" and it will ask you if you want to manually setup the connection. Leave all of the settings blank except set it to automatically obtain an IP address from DHCP, and then the number that you tell it to dial to make the data connection is #777

PM if you need more details and I'll see if I can go back through the setup. Worked great for me the first time. Still can't do contacts or text messages, but the traffic works great.

Go 510, with Sprint Treo 650

I've paired my Sprint Treo 650 with my bluetooth on my 510, but when I try to follow the directions to pair Treo 650 to accept Traffic updates, the phone will download the traffic updates but then I cant use the bluetooth function. When I get rid of one, I cant use the other.

I was able to get TT Plus services working with Sprint and a Samsung A940 phone. I can't recall the exact settings that TT asks for, but basically for phone you pick "Other" and service provider you pick "Other" and it will ask you if you want to manually setup the connection. Leave all of the settings blank except set it to automatically obtain an IP address from DHCP, and then the number that you tell it to dial to make the data connection is #777

PM if you need more details and I'll see if I can go back through the setup. Worked great for me the first time. Still can't do contacts or text messages, but the traffic works great.

TT1v2 and Sprint PCS Treo 650

Seems like there is no way to get my TT1 to work with Sprint and my Treo 650. The phone and TT1 will recognize each other but I have checked and re-checked for the secret decoder ring to access Plus services thru Sprint, but no luck. Since I have web access and messaging services on Sprint already, is there a way to force the connection, like a text message or url? Or has anyone been able to make the two work together on Sprint?

The Samsung A900 (NOT the newer, almost identical A900M) does work with the TomTom 510, but it will not permanently pair with the device. Every time you establish a connection, the A900 will ask if you want to accept the connection. I have searched far and wide and there seems to be no way to permanently pair the phone with TomTom.

The A900 supports keypad dialing and answering calls, as well as data use (for traffic, etc.) but that's it. The A900M will not even pair with the TomTom, nor will the new M610.

Sprint's Moto Q will pair with the device, and supports phonebook transfer, dialing and answering, and data transfer. No other features appear to work.

Keep in mind that the US carriers are typically far behind in Bluetooth implementation, as they've decided that it's not a productivity enhancing tool but a new way to nickel and dime the customer.

All the problems are related to the fact that phone manufacturers all use slightly different bluetooth profile, and they are forever changing them. This is why some, but not all, Nokias work for example.

TT cannot magically know what these profiles are, the handset manufactures must supply them with that info. Also, what features are available via BT is entirely at the discretion of the phone manufacturer and/or network provider. This is why Blackberry could not be used until recently. Blackberry refused to let any external devices use the data connection.

Bluetooth standards exist to standardise the way that BT devices interact, the problem is that everyone ignores them and makes there own non-standard profiles.

Sprint's Moto Q will pair with the device, and supports phonebook transfer, dialing and answering, and data transfer. No other features appear to work.

I've had my Sprint Q since the middle of Jan. and I have had No luck setting up the TomTom Plus features on my 910. I change phones quite often so I've tried making the data connection with the Samsung A920, PPC 6700, Sanyo 8400, LG Fusic, Sanyo Katana, a Treo 700p and a Treo 650. The 650 is the only phone I've had any luck getting the wireless data to work with. If anyone out there has gotten the Sprint Q to run the TomTom Plus features PLEASE let me know how you did it. Thanks in advance,
- Seth

I've had my Sprint Q since the middle of Jan. and I have had No luck setting up the TomTom Plus features on my 910. I change phones quite often so I've tried making the data connection with the Samsung A920, PPC 6700, Sanyo 8400, LG Fusic, Sanyo Katana, a Treo 700p and a Treo 650. The 650 is the only phone I've had any luck getting the wireless data to work with. If anyone out there has gotten the Sprint Q to run the TomTom Plus features PLEASE let me know how you did it. Thanks in advance,
- Seth

Skizza made a great how-to for the Q but its for Verizon - Link

Instead of using the verizon settings, use the sprint settings:

Access point name: <blank>
Username: <sprintvisionusername>@sprintpcs.com
Password: <sprintvision password>
Select Automatic IP address
Select Automatic DNS
Dial: *99#
Login script: <blank>

or this:

Access point name: <blank>
Username: <sprintvisionusername>@sprintpcs.com
Password: <sprintvision password>
Select Automatic IP address
Select Automatic DNS
Dial: #777
Login script: <blank>

Link

hmmm my tomtom doesn't recognize the data connection i get to the last step, after all the settings for the network connection....any sugesstions?

TT Go 300 and Sprint?

Can the GO 300 connect to a Sprint phone? Bring that it's CDMA, I'm not sure. I tried but it didn't see it. I have the PPC-6700 phone.

Ask a Question