TomTom Accessories... and more

Where do you buy your TTA?
  • Mounts,
  • hard-wiring kits,
  • antena, (or is it anteni?)
  • Carry case?

I'm also interested in where your TomTom Device(s)s is/are located when you are NOT in the driver seat...

• How long do you go before you charge your TT?
  • Or do you leave it pluged in all the time in your car and straight to the charger at home? (home charger or just plugging into your USB connection on your laptop, PC, or MAC).

I currently do not have a case to protect my ONE when it's not mounted on the windshield with the stock suction cup mount I got from the box. (too bad I can't buy another one EXACTLY like the stock one for the other car...)

Currently my ONE sits far from my 17 months old little boy's inquiring hands up on my desk...safely. For now. When it's not there it's connected to my HOME for my screenshots I share from time to time. And of course my "tweaking" time... :cool:

• Do you use your TT strictly for on the road?
  • Or do you use it to plan too?
  • What about the walking feature? Use that at all?
  • Find yourself playing with it while in line at the grocery store?

Hopefully this will get some descent responses, and some different reading, instead of the "how do I ..." :)

clscoolsign.jpg

Last edited:
Antennae is the word you're looking for

NOT in driver's seat:
- I charge it from time to time but I usually keep it above 50% SOC
- I don't plug it in the car unless it runs low. I charge at home via USB

I don't have a case either

The following answers are for your last four bulletted questions

1. So far I have

2. Yep. I use it to find distances between points and use it as a telephone book to find out numbers for POIs

3. Haven't used that yet but I have pulled out my ONE once. I was walking at 5km/h!

4. No but I do find myself playing with it in other places like during lunch time or whenever I get bored.

get your bigger SD Card and install MobilNova, you can watch movies during lunch instead of checking your coordinates in that corner of the cafe, then in that corner... heh..

I'm getting the case, just looking for a good deal. HOPING OTHERS MIGHT POSTSOME INFO.... ;) ...heh?

I haven't seen many accessories at stores so I buy them from the web.

This is what I have
  • TomTom Go Carry Bag
  • Piano Black face plate for the x10
  • Silicone Case

I always charge my unit at night. I've never used the car charger, it's still in its original bag. When I come home from work, I take out my unit and connect it to home. I have 2 home docks. One in my room for charging and another connect to my computer.

One of the first things I bought is the case for the ONE, from buy.com I think. It was less than $20 and they don't charge sales tax.

I use it mostly in the car, but right before a trip I'll do advance planning to make sure that (1) the TT can locate the address and (2) I'm sort of familliar with the route, and (3) there's a Starbucks nearby. :)

I've used it once while walking. I didn't feel like driving so I fired it up, located a restaurant within walking distance, and set off on foot. It worked like a charm.

Ask a Question