New TomTom accessories!

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 910
I was browsing the TomTom website today and came across this in the NEWS section (see below). I'm thinking about getting the FM transmitter, as all the sound would be heard through the car speakers! I've been wondering about doing this. By reading the details of this new accessory, it looks like there will be no video support that would allow me to connect the TomTom display to show on the other screens in the car.

TomTom introduces smart new accessories
Jan 08 2007

TomTom Introduces smart new accessories

~ FM Transmitter, Alternate Mount and Leather Carrying Cases ~

Concord, MA - January 8, 2007 -- TomTom, the world’s largest navigation solution provider, today announced the launch of three smart new accessories for the TomTom ONE and TomTom GO range.

The TomTom FM Transmitter Mount is an enhanced windshield mount designed for the GO x10 series that allows navigation instructions, music and hands-free calling to be wirelessly transmitted to car speakers over an FM radio signal. Simply dock the TomTom GO 910 or TomTom GO 510 on the new TomTom FM Transmitter Mount, tune the car radio to an unused FM frequency and select the same frequency on the TomTom GO. Turn by turn instructions and hands-free phone calls can now be heard in HiFi through the car stereo as well as up to 3,000 stored MP3 music files. Users can also hear songs on their iPod over the car speakers if the iPod is connected to their TomTom GO 910/510 device. The seamless integration between the TomTom GO and the car stereo ensures that music is paused when voice instructions are needed or hands-free calls are made.

“TomTom continues to push the envelope when it comes to technology innovation,” said Jocelyn Vigreux, president of TomTom. “This wireless solution using FM frequencies allows drivers to be guided by voice instructions and hear their music files through the car audio system for a more integrated and enjoyable driving experience.”

A gooseneck mount for the TomTom ONE is now available as an alternative to the standard TomTom ONE windshield mount. The newly designed mounting bracket can be placed on the sturdy, yet flexible gooseneck mount to give customers closer and multi-angle viewing as well as easy positioning on the windshield. The alternate mounting kit also includes an air vent clip for yet another mounting option.

Leather TomTom device cases are also now available for the TomTom ONE and TomTom GO x10 devices. The high quality leather cases offer an attractive look and finish and a strong resistance to wear and tear. The cases come with a detachable wrist strap to carry the device when walking. Subtle TomTom branding and the sleek, stylish design offer an even more attractive alternative to the standard carry case delivered in the box.

Pricing and Availability Accessory Availability Pricing
FM Transmitter March 2007 $49.95
Alternative Mount ONE Now $34.95
Deluxe Leather Case ONE Now $39.95
Deluxe Leather Case GO Now $49.95

All accessories are currently or will be available for purchase at www.tomtom.com.

-------------------------

For more information please contact:

Karen Drake, TomTom Inc.
Telephone: 978-405-1688
Email: (e-mail address removed)

Or

Christine Monaghan, Hill and Knowlton
Telephone: 212-885-0490
Email: (e-mail address removed)

About TomTom
TomTom NV is the world’s largest navigation solution provider. TomTom's products are developed with an emphasis on innovation, quality, ease of use and value. TomTom's products include all-in-one navigation devices which enable customers to navigate right out of the box; these are the award-winning TomTom GO family, the TomTom ONE range and the TomTom RIDER. TomTom PLUS, is the location-based content and services offering for TomTom’s navigation products easily available through TomTom HOME. TomTom also provides navigation software products which integrate with third party devices; the TomTom NAVIGATOR software for PDA’s and smartphones. TomTom WORK combines industry leading communication and smart navigation technology with leading edge tracking and tracing expertise. TomTom’s products are sold through a network of leading retailers in 25 countries and online. TomTom was founded in 1991 in Amsterdam and has offices in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. TomTom is listed at Euronext, Amsterdam Stock Exchange in The Netherlands. For more information, go to http://www.tomtom.com.

omg, finally!

The OEM mount for the ONE is waay too short. Mounted on the lower edge of my windshield, I have to stretch (nearly touching the steering wheel) to operate the ONE.

I could mount it higher on the window, bringing it closer to me but after the dropping incidents, I figured it's safer if it drops a few mm to the dashboard rather than a few feet to the floor of the car (hitting the dashboard or the turn signal stalks on the way down)

I have not been able to find these accessories on TomTom's site under US. If I switch to UK I see the FM transmitter and leather case. I'm interested in seeing a few pics of the new mount.

glad to see i'm not the only one having "nav issues" with tomtom's site...

no pun intended haha!!

New Accessories

Well, on the Canadian site (and I'm assuming US too haha), there's a new red carrying case for the ONE.

What's more interesting is "Car Connect" for the GO 510/910

from their site

"With Car Connect you can wirelessly play mp3s*, relay phone calls and navigation instructions through the car stereo, as well as automatically switch from day to night view when you turn on the headlights.
Built-in behind the dashboard, Car Connect gives you invisible integration between your TomTom, your car and your Bluetooth devices "

* mp3 feature not available on TomTom RIDER and GO 300, 500 and 700

this stuff about the availability of the mounts is confusing - if you break the mount your ONE came with, you can't get a replacement?

has anyone emailed this Karen Drake?

anyone who has an IPOD knows - these FM transmitters work poorly, especially if you are in a major metro area with alot of FM stations.

That really does stink. I've been wanting to get an additional OEM mount so I can keep one in my travel bag and one in my car. I'm ready to spend my money whenever TT is ready to make this available! I may end up trying to find an alternative solution (like that Belkin cup holder thing I posted earlier) in which case TT will NOT receive my money.

I agree, the FM transmitter isn't anything to get THAT excited about. It came with the nuvi I have and I rarely use it, way too much static noise. When there's no static, it works great. But that rarely happens, as I'm mainly in large cities around the airports.

I have an iPod with an FM transmitter and i love it. every now and again i get some fuzzineess but then i just change what station i use and it works perfectly. I have no complaints about mine. Now i use my tt with the iPod cable to listen to my iPod, another thing i love about my tt.

CrewChief, glad to hear this works well for you.

I wish TT would proceed forward and making Car Connect. The FM transmitter doesn't work well with my experience.

I agree with nyca, it depends alot on if you're in a major metro area. In my small town, it works pretty well. In Dallas, I can forget about it.

Ask a Question