Tomtom 920 vs Garmin 760

Depends where you are I guess. In HI, CA, NV and TX my Garmin Nuvi 770 gave me faster routes than my GO 920.

I finally got it working. I followed all of your instructions and it wouldn't work. What I had to do was log in to my Sprint account online and get my actual PowerVision username and password. I put those into their respective fields in the GO 920 in the PLUS setup and got the PLUS services working very well.

Interesting... Mine doesn't require username or password... hope this helps others having difficulty

So far, I've gotten a Sprint Treo 755P and Sprint HTC Touch working with my GO 920 this way. I had to install a DUN patch on both though.

===

I have the Plus service working fine with Sprint + Sanyo 8400. First I paired the phone to the GPS. That was easy. Then I got prompted to configure the phone with TT Plus. Try this:

FOR SPRINTPCS, must have data plan or a per-use data plan

A) confirm you have a data plan with Sprintpcs
B) pair the TomTom with your phone bluetooth wise
C) follow the following

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Country - UNITED STATES
4. Access point - blank
5. username - blank
6. password - blank
7. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777 in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts - left blank for logon script

The above procedure worked quite nicely with my TomTom Go 930 and my Sprint Treo 755p.

Kudos to EricTheRed!!!

Thanks again!

(TomTom needs to add this to their automatic configuration. Shouldn't be a big deal)

tomtom verses garmin

Mapshare, teleatlas maps that will include mapshare updates. ease of use are only a very few reasons to get a tomtom. I have a 920 in the new york area and its wonderful, can correct road problems easily with map share and with the IQ routing tomtom routes differ according to the time of the day, and the day of the week plus tom toms own traffic is far superior to Garmins. Just my opinion but I know I am right Good luck

Ask a Question