Tomtom 8275 Pro. US & Canada default maps. How to install other country maps?

Hi, I'm about to buy a tomtom pro 8275 Truck. Does everything work without a webfleet subscription/account? Will maps and traffic updates work just as a normal tomtom? Thanks!

Hi, I'm about to buy a tomtom pro 8275 Truck. Does everything work without a webfleet subscription/account? Will maps and traffic updates work just as a normal tomtom? Thanks!
Depends upon whether your device is still connected to TomTom or whether it's connected to Webfleet, and if the latter, how it happened to be connected there.
Best solution is see if an update is being offered, and attempt the download/install.
When did you last see an update? What map version and firmware is on your device now?

The product is brand new, box sealed. I found a page on webfleet website (https://mdm.webfleet.com/static/#/downloads) where they offer map updates via download, not only wifi of connected to their app. Would this be enough?
The first thing to do is to see whether the device, when connected to WiFi, is automatically offered the updates. That's how my one Webfleet connected 8275 is working at the moment, and is a much simpler process than the manual download and installation of updates.

I updated the device manually via sd card! I know that the website says that only maps installed can be updated, but is there a way of adding another map? My device came with the Australian truck map only, and the normal mal (for cars) is available on their website, just can't be added as an update. Do you know how to do it? Thanks!

Last edited:
I updated the device manually via sd card! I know that the website says that only maps installed can be updated, but is there a way of adding another map? My device came with the Australian truck map only, and the normal mal (for cars) is available on their website, just can't be added as an update. Do you know how to do it? Thanks!
There's really no reason to do that. The truck map is a 'superset' of the car map. You define your vehicle as a car in the device, and it will apply car rules instead of the truck rules to routing.

There's really no reason to do that. The truck map is a 'superset' of the car map. You define your vehicle as a car in the device, and it will apply car rules instead of the truck rules to routing.
True! haha Why do they offer both maps? Anyway, thanks so much.
Also, just to make the information available, after the update via sd card, the device is able to connect to the server when checking updates, as I'm getting a message like "your device is up to date" after clicking on "update".
Thanks.

True! haha Why do they offer both maps? Anyway, thanks so much.
Because they charge more for the 'truck' version of the device, which comes with the 'truck' maps. If you only buy the 'car' version, you pay less, but don't get the truck version maps.

Ask a Question