TomTom 730 screen not turning on

Picked up a Refurbed 730 approximately 6 months ago.
I dropped it as I had too many things in my hand... worked fine that day, then the next day it repeatedly had issues (turned off.. then reset... turned on.. etc)

Now it's completely dead in the sense that the light doesn't power on unless it's plugged in.
The screen won't turn back on (no green light either) but the unit will say phone not connected, leading me to believe it might be the screen??

I can log onto the actual gps with the cable and computer and tried to the flash program, but to no luck.
Tried the bottom reset, but no luck...

I am not sure if a cable came loose or if the battery is shot.. or if the screen just broke.

Welcome to TTF.

If you're not reluctant to take things apart (appears you don't have much to lose), here's a link to a battery replacement guide for that model. (Click on link in first post):
https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...730-920-930-battery-replacement-tutorial.html

That'll give you some insight into taking the thing apart. Then, just hunt around for anything obvious, I suppose.

The reality is that any repair place you can find will likely charge as much as a newer model costs these days.......

Ask a Question