TomTom 730 remote question

I am getting a 730 this week. I bought a remote from a guy on ebay that was from a 920t. Will this work with my go 730. The remote is brand new. The number on the bag is 9m00.081 / dq758012400. Inside the remote is reads BT Remote control [4M02.000]
Thanks for any help.

I am getting a 730 this week. I bought a remote from a guy on ebay that was from a 920t. Will this work with my go 730. The remote is brand new. The number on the bag is 9m00.081 / dq758012400. Inside the remote is reads BT Remote control [4M02.000]
Thanks for any help.

I'm sure it will....the 4M02.000 is the same as came with my 930....and i've read the 730 and the 930 share the same hardware.

PSJ aka Marc

I'm sure it will....the 4M02.000 is the same as came with my 930....and i've read the 730 and the 930 share the same hardware.

PSJ aka Marc

This is what tomtom just emailed me.

Thank you for taking the time to write Customer Support regarding compatibility of the remote controls. The remote for the GO 920 T will not work with the GO 730. For a compatible remote for the GO 730, please check out the link below:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessories/accessories_tab.php?Product=473&Category=0&Lid=4

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Darlene,
TomTom Customer Support

Yeah, but if you go to the accessories for the 920 it shows the same remote. It even lists it the same. Who you gonna believe??? :confused:

Yes it should work.

I hope your right. I called tech support at tomtom today and they said it will not work but he had to ask someone.I figure someone that has a 730 with a remote might know more than he did. Here's what it looks like.
Picture1248.jpg

I hope your right. I called tech support at tomtom today and they said it will not work but he had to ask someone.I figure someone that has a 730 with a remote might know more than he did. Here's what it looks like.
When does your unit arrive?

Glad to hear it.
The part numbers from the x20 and x30 are different on the manufacturing side because the Bill of Materials are different (color of plastic) so they need a separate part number.

Ask a Question