Tomtom 720 and compatibility issues with Blackberry Bold 9000

Hi

I have a Tomtom 720 and up until a couple of days ago i could use all the traffic and data services with my Bold. Now it will not work properly and i get a very up and down bluetooth connection for handfree calling. Anyone suggest anything i can ttry to get this back as I dont want to have to change phones every time i use my Tomtom

Regards

Yes. Once the hands free pairs, go into the options menu in bluetooth and turn encryption off. It always defaults to enabled and tomtom can't cope.

Mak

I have a T-Mobile Curve 8320 and have been having the same problems. I got my GO730 back in December and have been using traffic and weather over bluetooth for several months. I even bought the traffic subscription. Earlier this month I upgraded to 8.302 and WHAM!, no more wireless data. I tried and tried for a week and finally got it to connect for one day. The next day my 730 lost the wireless data connection and I could never get it set up again. TT support was useless, there is more information available on these forums. The real kicker is that I wasn't even able to restore a backup, because the backup feature in TomTom Home hadn't actually backed up my entire 730. If anyone has any new ideas/suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Have you tried a pin reset? The Clear Flash tool found here? Restore to factory defaults?

And after each option, try to pair again?

I just recently received a Blackberry Bold and have attempted several times to create a data connection with the 720. I have an unlimited data plan. I have no problem establishing a bluetooth connection and using the hands free calling. I can not establish a data connection.

When I attempt to setup the connection, I get a list of phone models and the 9000 is not listed. Is there a more current list that should be on the BB or am I getting this list because it does not recognize the BB? If I select "Other" then I get prompted for the country. After selecting US, I get prompted for the provider. After I select AT&T Wireless, I get the message "Unable to setup your wireless data connection.

I have tried to find some detailed instructions on how to manually set up this connection but can find none.

Please help. Thanks.

Don't use AT&T wireless - Tomtom's provider list is old and that is the 2-year-old AT&T on the list.

Use Cingular Medianet and you should be fine.

Found a resolution.

I had to wipe my Bold and reinstall 4.6.0.167. That OS had the correct settings. I then paired the TomTom to the Bold and everything went smoothly. I then updated the OS to 5.0.0.190. I'm glad to say the data connection works.

Tom Tom 720 and BlackBerry 9000

I picked one of the Blackberry's and shut and disabled encryption on te bluetooth on my Blackberry and it worked.

Ask a Question