Tom Tom Truck SD Card

TomTom Model(s)
930t
I purchased Tom Tom truck on sd card as an upgrade for my go 930, and I am having problems, when I first inserted the sd card and started the unit all was ok, I connected to Tom Tom Home and it updated the application along with safety cameras etc. the unit started and I set my preferences, then after turning the unit of and leaving it overnight it would not start up again just kept cycling through the reset screen.

I followed the instructions on the Tom Tom website support pages (made a copy of the map settings cfg file and then deleted it from the device/sd card). The unit then starts without problem, but if I turn the unit off I have the same problem on start up again, the only way to turn it on is to delete the map settings file.

This is very inconvenient as not only do I lose all my favourites and poi warning settings, I don?t always have access to a pc.
Any Ideas?

You may have mapsettings.cfg files both in the unit's internal memory and the new SD card if there are maps in both locations. It will grab the SD data first if it finds it, then what it finds internally. So if there are maps folders in both locations, be sure there aren't mapsettings.cfg in EITHER location when you do your deletions!

If they ship the "Truck" with a duplicate North American map, chances are that's what has happened.

Last edited:
That's what I first thought so I did a back up of the internal memory and deleted evrything on it, still had the same problem, so I figure it's somthing on the sd card but what? It's getting a right royal pain keep losing my speed camera poi warnings and all the settings

Been in touch with Tom Tom support and they say it is a corupt file in the appliction and gave instructions to back up then format sd card transfer some of the files back onto the card, delete a file in home and then connect and update the application. I double checked with them this would work with Tom Tom Truck and was told it would be so spent an hour doing it, all worked but it downloads the standard go930 app and not the truck version so you can't set vehicle dimensions so I'm back to square one waitng for a response fro Tom Tom:mad:

You can download the correct Navcore and install it without using TT Home if you want to:

1/ Download the Navcore and save it to your PC by clicking Here

2/ Install it to your device by extracting the files/ folder from the file downloaded in step 1 using WinRar which can be downloaded from Here - Mike

You can download the correct Navcore and install it without using TT Home if you want to:

1/ Download the Navcore and save it to your PC by clicking Here

2/ Install it to your device by extracting the files/ folder from the file downloaded in step 1 using WinRar which can be downloaded from Here - Mike

Downloaded installed, still got the same problem and still no answer from TT, they have passed it on to 2nd tier technical whatever that is. If no route is planned or has been plannedthe unit is ok you can turn it of and it will fire up ok next morning but I thought the idea was to plan routes:(

Something else i have noticed is that the operate my go in TT Home no longer works, it says the application is not supported?

Something else i have noticed is that the operate my go in TT Home no longer works, it says the application is not supported?

I got the same error trying 8.393 on my 930. I don't think they built an "Operate my GO" emulator for app 8.393.

I just noticed that Mike's link was for 8.392. Maybe 8.393 works better? The link is here.

Got a mail back from Tom Tom support, I was told to contact the guy I purchased the sd card from who will them have to contact TT work for assistance.

Contacted him and within 2 hours he came back saying TT work have agreed to replace the card which is fine and I am happy with that.

But, time to pick your brains, although in the instruction booklet that comes with the card say just plug the sd card in and away you go. is it possible that my account settings (log in etc) in TT home be causing a problems as originally my 930 was just the standard car navigation unit, should I set up a new account? If I do will my subscriptions still work?

Also should I delete the internal memory before inserting the sd card? It could have just been a bad card but don?t want to risk having the same problems again,

Just pop the new card in to the device and it should work as the map and Navcore software should be on the card, when the device boots up it will boot from the memory card - Mike

new card appears to be working ok, but the map corrections isn't, the unit says it's store the location but when you try to review it there's no roads or anything on the screen/

Spoke too soon the problem has come back, noticed a few days ago that on start up it cycled through the reset once but was then ok. Yesterday refused to start just cycled delete the map setting cfg file and it fires up ok, just restored the contents of the sd card to original and it starts ok,

Nothing has been added to the unit apart from TT updates of speed cameras, map share and GPS quick fix.

Anybody got any ideas?

Try this:

Copy the backed up mapsettings.cfg file again. Connect to Home. Make a change to one favourite by adding one, deleting one, editing one, doesn't matter.

Now, disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon and see if the rebooting issue is resolved.

I've got no favorites saved as when you delete the cfg file you loose them so never bothered saving them, also I can't operate the device through home as is says it is not supported.

Home update is suggesting I update the application, I haven't done this as this is when my problems started with the first sd card, It is running 8.391 and suggests update to version 8.393.

As before the orginal software on the internal memory still works without fault.

Do you remember the application version of Tomtom truck that worked well for you? We could provide a link to it.

I used 8.320 (see link here) back when Tomtom had TTS problems, and it was very reliable.

If you upgrade to a newer version, it may fix your bugs. You could always downgrade to 8.391 by downloading this file.

The original version was 3.391, I've just upgraded to 3.393 to see what that is like, used it over the weekend with no problems but had the vehicle set to car not had chance to try with the truck settings it yet.

Started cycling through reset screen again, however if the vehicle profile is set to car it turns on and then freezes on the safety warning screen restarts itself and then works ok, but if the vehicle profile is set to truck with the relevant dimensions selected it just cycles through the reset screens and the only way to start it is to delete the map settings cfg file.

Any ideas all I get from Tom Tom support is contact the retailer who sold it to you, he has been very good but has no idea why this is happening

You could try 8.395 that just came out. See here.

Usually, when Tomtom changes an app's rightmost digit, it isn't introducing new features, and just fixing bugs.

hi i need help 2 i have truck on a sd card all works ok but for the unit will say can not read maps but sd card will work in a 2nd unit

Max, Maps are locked to a single device and cannot be moved without TomTom adding that specific map to the device code associated with your TomTom, you will need to contact TomTom customer support to resolve this one as it looks like you have two devices and the map has been supplied activated for the wrong one.

Do you have two different units that are both registered with TomTom using the same e-mail address as this is the usuall cause of issues such as this - Mike

Ask a Question