Tom Tom Truck SD Card

hi mike thanks the tom tom 520 that works i got of ebay the sd card in it is a copy of truck i have a 2nd unit also a 520 i have made a copy of the working 520 and loaded it on the 2nd unit the copy i made will work in the ebay unit but in the 2nd unit wi ll not read maps must be away as the ebay unit has been dun ok

At a guess the e-bay purchased device will contain illegally hacked maps and Navcore in order to work which is locked to the specific device it was supplied with, TomTom maps are locked to a single device to prevent maps from being copied, Truck/ Work maps have only been sold directly from TomTom who don't retail via e-bay which is why I susspect the unit contains illegal/ hacked software - Should you ever update the device to a newer Navcore then it will probably display the message "No Maps Found" when you switch it on - Mike

Ask a Question