Tom Tom Rider 2 wont charge in car

I have a new Tom Tom Rider 2 and it wont charge in the car. I also tried to wire directly to the bike and nothing.
Any ideas?

Sounds odd ... some more details may be helpful.
I assume that you have charged your Rider fully using the "home charger"?
The car charger connected to "car dock" via your cigarette lighter socket may only work when the car is running.

Are you certain it is not charging?...there is no indicator such as a red light or anything. You can check its battery status by tapping the screen in the lower right corner, you will then see a battery indicator near the right top.

Just a thought.

cheers

Let me provide more information.
It's a Tom Tom Tom Rider 2. New from Amazon.com.
I'm using the unit on my Yamaha FJR. I have the unit wired to the bike battery and when I turn the bike on, the battery indicator does not show ?Charging?. But, it does show ?Charging? when I use the house power charge cable and plug it to my house outlets.

I also wired the GPS to a cigarette lighter plug to see if I can use it in the car and same thing, I don?t see the ?Charging? indicator. So, basically I?m using the cradle that comes in the box, the original motorcycle mounting cradle.
I got the unit from Amazon.com and I wonder if I should just return it for a refund or get the replacement cradle from Tom Tom.

Ok, I checked and it does say "charging" when on the bike. If the battery is full, it doesnt show that word.

Check your wire plug right at the cradle to ensure you have both power and ground. A couple of times mine wasnt charging and I unplugged that connection, plugged back in and it was fine.

If you have power and ground at the plug, but still no charging on the bike, call TT support for a warranty claim.

Cheers

Ask a Question