Tom Tom One 3rd Edition Won't Start

After I plugged into laptop at work and had to download the app. I can operate it if it's connected to PC but once I take it off it won't get past the screen with the driver in the car.

I would remove the application but it doesn't show when I go to manage screen

Glad I have a Garmin handheld with mapping for a backup!

Sounds as if the application may have a faulty file or it was disconnected incorrectly from the computer.

While connected to the computer, use Explorer to delete all oose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents. Now, connect to Home. you should be offered an application. Download, install.

Then, disconnect **properly** from Home using Home's Device Disconnect icon.

Restart the unit & see if that helps.

I just wanted to come back to add some comments as I was out the door on my trip as soon as I got this working Friday. While I really appreciate the speedy reply I did look for a solution on my own and was not able to find one. Not on the forums nor on the Tom Tom Support. I wasted an hour at least, I would hope this would be posted as a possible solution in the support pages.

Thanks again!

This forum is NOT associated with TomTom, inc. We are simply a community of TomTom users seeking help and offering help to other TT users.

Forums such as this (around the world) exist precisely because TomTom 'official' support in the various countries is somewhat less than, uh, spectacular....:cool:

This forum is NOT associated with TomTom, inc. We are simply a community of TomTom users seeking help and offering help to other TT users.

Forums such as this (around the world) exist precisely because TomTom 'official' support in the various countries is somewhat less than, uh, spectacular....:cool:

heh
That's why I am going with a Garmin for my next GPS :)

You may want to log into gpsreview.net, the Garmin forums, and do some reading of the various threads there....

Ever heard of "The grass looks greener on the other side"?

I'm just saying ...................:)

I am on my third Garmin handheld. Only reason I had three was I upgraded for my hiking and Geocaching needs. I sold the first device, still have the second as a loaner/backup if I lose or break my Oregon. Also I have many friends that have Garmin Forerunners and they rave about Garmin support. The TomTom was a gift and while it's been fine except for the incident the other day I consider myself a Garmin user and next car model will be a Garmin probably. Not in a rush though.

I am on my third Garmin handheld. Only reason I had three was I upgraded for my hiking and Geocaching needs. I sold the first device, still have the second as a loaner/backup if I lose or break my Oregon.
Give Garmin a call and ask them why your "WAAS enabled" Oregon won't lock on to WAAS satellites 48 or 51 most of the time to improve your accuracy. Don't answer any questions or get into any discussion about the EPE of your unit. Just stick with the "Won't lock on a WAAS satellite" business. See what kind of story you get.

[FWIW, my Garmin Dakota 20 won't lock on WAAS on a typical day, either. Same ST Cartesio chip set as your Oregon - same embedded firmware issues.]

Like dhn, "I'm just sayin...."

Ask a Question