Tom Tom One 3rd Edition NO SOUND!

hi all,

So, I was one of the few unlucky ones that got stuck with one of the white-screen-of-death units back near Christmas time...

In any case, I applied the patch that Tom Tom released and it fixed the white screen of death problem...

Everything was working fine until about a month later or so, the SOUND just all of a sudden stopped working on my tom tom! I was just driving in my car trying to switch to a different voice, when all of a sudden, the tom tom just stopped talking. That's right, no SOUND from any of the voices, nor any of the alarms/POIs. NO SOUND, period.

I have checked to make sure that the sound is turned on, volume is at 100%, and I even restored it to a previous back-up...but alas, all to no avail.

Resetting the unit does not work either...

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hi all,

So, I was one of the few unlucky ones that got stuck with one of the white-screen-of-death units back near Christmas time...

In any case, I applied the patch that Tom Tom released and it fixed the white screen of death problem...

Everything was working fine until about a month later or so, the SOUND just all of a sudden stopped working on my tom tom! I was just driving in my car trying to switch to a different voice, when all of a sudden, the tom tom just stopped talking. That's right, no SOUND from any of the voices, nor any of the alarms/POIs. NO SOUND, period.

I have checked to make sure that the sound is turned on, volume is at 100%, and I even restored it to a previous back-up...but alas, all to no avail.

Resetting the unit does not work either...

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried the Clear Flash Tool from TomTom?... this seems to fix many issues such as this:
>>> Clear Flash <<<

yep...i tried the flash tool...and I even tried formatting the Tom Tom...but nothing works...the voices work when I operate the unit within the Tom Tom HOME application...so I'm thinking that this might be a hardware issue?

maybe the speakers on my unit just died? =(

yep...i tried the flash tool...and I even tried formatting the Tom Tom...but nothing works...the voices work when I operate the unit within the Tom Tom HOME application...so I'm thinking that this might be a hardware issue?

maybe the speakers on my unit just died? =(

Wow, that definitely sounds like it could be a hardware issue. I wish you luck, it sounds like you've tried all that you could.

same problem with tom tom one new edition call support install new
fim ware same problem. support said to send it back to them they
would fix it. they sent me a new tomtom

Ask a Question