Tom tom go910 want start

Hello.

New to this hope I'm in the right place for following question.

My 910 was working perfectly but after connecting it for the first time to my car in Australia, (unit originally purchased in italy and worked perfectly in my car there), it does not work enymore.
The green light still goes on when connected to the power in the house or in the car, but unit will not switch on. Can someone help me. I have tried to reset it as well without luck.
Could the unit's hard disc have burned out in some way when I connected it to the car's sigarette lighter?
Before I buy another one I what to be sure that it is totally gone!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi...

Thaks for your answer!
I have tried the reset button........but no luck.
Led green light on when connected to power supply.
It just doesn't work. Also unable to connect to computer.
Sorry but I can't understand what I should do once I go in "TRY THIS" as you suggested.

Kind regards Marco.

I think Colm meant to link to the clearflash tool found here: tomtom.com/6211

Download and run it 3 times.

Hi......

Thanks for your help........

Meybe I havn't made myself clear with the way I'm writing in English....... Sorry about that!
I'm Italian and English is not my mother language!

Although the green led light is working, the unit does not switch on at all when I press the the "ON" button therefore I can't connect it to the computer.
I cant understad how your suggestion is going to help me!

Please be patient with me and elaborate further!

Kind regards Marco.

First reset the GPS with a paper clip.
Run the program until it tells you to mount the GPS & turn on the power. Hold the power button down and keep clicking on 'Next' until the power is on.

Hi gentlemen.....

Have tried the above.

I get to the following step.......

Connect the power supply to your TOMTOM and switch ON your TOMTOM. Next, make sure your TOMTOM is connected to your computer, that a Storage Card is inserted, and then press the "OK" button. Press the "Cancel" button to return to the Setup menu.

I keep on clicking on the arrow pointing right with GPS "ON" button pressed........nothing happens!

The process doesn't go further.
What do I do next?

Kind regards Marco.

Hi .

There is a strange smell arond the connections at the back of unit.
If the unit has burned out and considering a just purchased the Australian maps......
If I should buy another tom tom unit in Australia can I in some way ask tom tom to to supply me with the Western European and North American maps I had in the burned out unit free of charge?

Kind regards Marco.

Ask a Question