Texting with GO 730

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
Hi,
Just got my GO 730 for Xmas and very happy with it, so far. I just joined this forum and have been reading some of the discussion threads and I have a question of my own, if I may. I synched the TT with my mobile (cell) phone and everything seems to work quite well except I don't seem to be able to read existing texts or write new messages using the TT. Does the TT GO 730 support this functionality? and if yes, how can I do it?
Thanks.

Bukhalid

Welcome to the forum, your TomTom device certainly does support this feature BUT it will depend upon your choise of mobile phone as to whether it will work or not, which phone have you got paired to the TomTom? - Mike

According to the TomTom web site your phone only supports handsfree and nothing else see Here - Not ideal but to find a modern phone that fully supports all modes is getting rather difficult these days - Mike

The Nokia E-series had a few major firmware updates that improved it's bluetooth compliance. Make sure you're on firmware 4.0, and then delete and repair.

Once you pair, the Tomtom will say what features it found on your device. See if it says that it found SMS.

The E-series still remains as one of the most unstable phones for a Tomtom. I recommend a pin reset (or plugging into a computer which accomplishes the same thing) each day if you use a Nokia E-series phone.

Hey, Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I kinda gathered the problem is with my handset. I'm thinking of upgrading so I'll try what you suggested if the new handset does not automatically picks the SMS option.

Thanks again.

Bukhalid

The Nokia E-series had a few major firmware updates that improved it's bluetooth compliance. Make sure you're on firmware 4.0, and then delete and repair.

Once you pair, the Tomtom will say what features it found on your device. See if it says that it found SMS.

The E-series still remains as one of the most unstable phones for a Tomtom. I recommend a pin reset (or plugging into a computer which accomplishes the same thing) each day if you use a Nokia E-series phone.

Ask a Question