Text to speech destinations on a 730T?

Got my TomTom back in November, and this site has really helped me get the most out of its features, but now i have a small question to which i haven't been able to find an answer: is it possible to set the text to speech feature to read the name you have designated for your favorite/destination/etc(ie, rather than, "You have reached your destination," it would say, "You have reached Jim's House" or some such)?

You can record your own warnings on a 730, I believe, but not have a computer voice verbalize text you applied to a favourite setting.

You can record your own warnings on a 730, I believe, but not have a computer voice verbalize text you applied to a favourite setting.

I configured my Tomtom 930 to announce the Names of my friends whenever I'm some meters near their homes. It is fun experiment.

There is a function about 'warn when some distance from a POI'..
The tomtom will announce a POI category when you tell it to. (along the route, or within radius)
So you create a POI category (name it Jim's house), and put Jim's location inside that POI category. When
you get near Jim's house it will tell you. like 'Jim's House 200 meters'.

Note: You might want to adjust the distance before it gives the announcement. To make sure
it won't conflict with the built in, 'You have reached your destination'.

Enjoy. :)

Ask a Question