Text to speech issue

TomTom Model(s)
Go 510
Hello Friends,

I got a new XL 340 S (IQ route edition)
I updated the map V850.2784 and the App version is 9.026.....

I don't see computer voices and when i click on Change preferences>change voices> I only have Richard, Bonnie, Lori and Mandy (although on the computer - tomtom home- it shows that I have Susan and Simon installed but it doesn't show that on the tomtom device)

I checked tomtom website to know if my device supports TTS (from the first 2 characters in the serial number and it says that it does)
I have the folder for TTS on the internal memory (LoquendoTTS) / on Tomotom home it says that Dave, susan and simon (which are computer voices) are located in /Volumes/INETRNAL/LoquendoTTS

I tried the update flash option ...but still there is nothing changing....

I tried to reset (20 seconds on the power button) and reset to factory settings but they are not there at all

Any ideas?

Thank you
Phil

Computer voices will not appear in the emulator (Operate my Device). They should appear on the unit with the Voice Preference-->Change Voice.

If they are not, call support at 866-486-6866. I'm not positive but application 9.026 may be the incorrect one for your unit.

Report back with what they say............

is there a way to change the application version?

Hello and Thank you for replying...
Is there a way to download and install the correct application version? they are closed today but i will call them tomorrow ... but while waiting ..is there a way of getting the right one? what is the right one for my device ? is it 9.022 as i saw in many posts?

Thank you again
Phil

I honestly don't know if that is the issue.

Wait and see what they say.

Meanwhile, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the contents as it is right now.

There are 2 versions of the 9.026 application, one for TTS and one without. Perhaps you have the wrong one?

In any event, make the backup for sure.......

Then download the application from here:
http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/9.026.xl2009_plus_tts.CAB-navcore-ONE_XL.cab

Delete the loose files in the root of the unit (no Folders or their contents)

Use WinRar to install the files in the cab file, overwriting if prompted.

It seems like it will work :)

Hello Dhn,

I did what you told me to do and seems working (I can't receive a signal inside but i will go and try it but i can see Susan finally in the voices which is great)

Thank you so much , I will try it and will let you know the result, you gave me greater help than what i expected to get from Tomtom support :)

Thanks
Phil

it worked so fine

Thank you so much..

Just want to report that it works very well (great reception and TTS is working very well)

Thank you again

Ask a Question