Take back Via 1535TM and get XXL 540M?

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1535TM
Dont really care for the traffic but should i take back the via 1535TM and get the XXL 540M? Would i loose speedcams? Would my gains outweigh my losses with this trade?

silly you cant edit your own thread after a certain time :( Anyways i can get the XXL for half the price of the VIA if that matters.

I would prefer the 540 over the 1535. Don't forget to activate the M functionality by calling CS at 866-486-6866. And don't use the same email address for the 540 than you did with the 1535.

Dont really care for the traffic but should i take back the via 1535TM and get the XXL 540M? Would i loose speedcams? Would my gains outweigh my losses with this trade?
In my opinion, the XXL540 is a better choice than the VIA1535 unless you place high importance on some feature that the VIA1535 has which may not be present on the XXL540. For example, I have a GO LIVE 1535 that has Bluetooth connectivity to my cell phone. If it were not for that feature, I would prefer my XXL540TM to my GO LIVE 1535, especially given the price difference.

FWIW, the recent prices for the different versions of the XXL540 have often been very, very close to the same. If you can find a XXL540TM for almost the same price as the XXL540M, I think that it would be worth the difference - although I would not pay much of a premium. My experience has been that there are occasions when the Traffic report has been a real convenience. They have not been frequent, and I would not pay a lot extra for Traffic, but they have occurred often enough to be worth today's small price differences between the XXL540M and the XXL540TM.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Does the XXL540 have fast response time like the older Go 920/30/720/30 series? The thing i hate the most is the super slow response time between button presses.

Since it's running a 266MHz processor instead of 400MHz, it's not quite as snappy as the list you mentioned, but it's a WHOLE lot better than any of the recent designs... much closer to the old speed than the new.

Ask a Question