Support of .gpx Files?

I am currently considering the purchase of a TomTom 720 or 730. My intention is to use it to geotag images I take with my digital camera during my vacation or day trips. In what format does TomTom save the track log file? Is it the common .gpx format or does TomTom use it's own track log file format? Has anyone had success converting the TomTom format to .gpx using GPS Babble? Is there a limit to size of a TomTom track file? If so, should I start a new track log file every 4 or 8 hours? Thank you for your assistance.

AFAIK, TomTom models cannot do log tracking. Some 3rd party software did add that functionality but firmware 8.3 seems to have killed off most 3rd party applications.

AFAIK, TomTom models cannot do log tracking. Some 3rd party software did add that functionality but firmware 8.3 seems to have killed off most 3rd party applications.
Best I can tell, 8.3 killed EVERY 3rd party app ... I mean, ARE there any that require zero use of the touch screen for at least one entry? Best I can tell, the touchscreen entry API changed in a manner that makes no previous apps usable.

Thanks, TT (NOT!)

Could you elaborate a bit.
How could I access the noautosuspend on/off toggle on
screen 4 if there is zero use of the touch screen?
All of the several 3rd party apps that I was running have the same problem. They can be executed, but once running, there is no response to the touch screen at all. Since that also includes the "exit" method for each, starting one up requires a pin reset to "escape". Examples include products from MobilNova and Le Web Bazar.

All of the several 3rd party apps that I was running have the same problem. They can be executed, but once running, there is no response to the touch screen at all. Since that also includes the "exit" method for each, starting one up requires a pin reset to "escape". Examples include products from MobilNova and Le Web Bazar.
I see, thanks.

I am rather new to 3rd party applications. Although I see some I would like to install I read about problems with them and chicken out (example, your post).

The only one I use so far is

View attachment 2287

That is to on/off toggle the noautosuspend, needed to stop the device from shutting down while powered in the desk cradle without being connected through HOME.
With it engaged the unit will not power down if external power is lost, i.e., if put in the glove box without shutting off.

That option is active any time. While driving or even while connected through HOME.

Last edited:

Ask a Question