Strange warning message??

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340S
I recently purchased a Tomtom XL 340S (new). I connected to TomTom through HOME (latest ver.) to get updates. I was presented with 4 updates.One was an Application update and another was a Dave's voice update. I chose the Application update alone which went well but then a warning message in RED underneath that voice update selection appeared and told me that this voice would not work with this latest Application. I am using the default Susan voice so I went into Manage My Device to check the voices and both the Susan and Dave computer voices had this warning message in red text under it. I disconnected the device and powered it up and did a DEMO route and verified that the Susan voice (my default) still worked. Has anyone else seen this? NOTE: I previously deleted, through HOME, the non-english voices to make room for the LMG but declined to do so until I find out what this is about. However, the unit seems to work OK.

-Thanks
- Don W

When you look at the contents of your unit using Explorer, do you see a LoquendoTTS folder or a Vocalizer folder?

Have you done a reset on your unit (hold the power button for about 10 seconds).

Tried getting on HOME again and the red messages seem to be gone. Saw another message for an update for the Application so I tried that to see if it would do the same thing. It failed 4 times on the "copy" of files to the device and aborted itself with an error each time. When I disconnected the device and started it up it indicated that it had installed the latest version "9.025" and seemed to be working even though it did not go through that third pass for installation and aborted with errors. I'm a newbie to this but I am starting to get a little paranoid about trying to download the latest map. Do you thing this Application really got installed?
It said it stopped on an error copying a file. Not necessarily the same file each time. It got to just about the end of the copying before it gave up.

Thanks,
- Don W

Before doing anything else, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Then start the unit and tap on the satellite bars. The next screen shows the application version installed. Does it say 9.025?

Yes I have a WinRar backup done of the device. Yes it shows the App version as 9.025. It didn't go through the 3rd and final stage though. It kept getting a transfer error towards the very end of the transmission.

Disconnect and do this reset.

Then run a chkdsk /f on the Tomtom drive, then remove and reinstall the application per these instructions. Hopefully you won't get any errors the second time around.

Then you should be fine installing your map.

Ask a Question