Start2 Won't go home...

Just got my Start2 last week. Installed it as per instructions in the booklet. Set off on a test drive to a local destination. Fine. Clear map and commands.

Tried to 'go home'... Aghhhh.

According to the booklet I should have been given the choice of 'leave from current position?' but that doesn't show. It keeps asking me where I want to leave from with no way of saying' "from here!"
Then I tried typing in my post code for plan route, screen chages to 'busy planning route' after 30 seconds it goes blank and re boots.

I thought i was being thick so I called tech support. Nice guy finally told me that the version I have isn't the same as the instruction book that was sent. Lovely....

Next he tells me his vrsion on his computer is working fine so it must be a software problem with the one I had. Fine. I sent it back and they sent me a new one within 48 hours....
Not so fine... same damn problem... I can't figure out how to make the 'go home feature' work when I am at my destination.

Help...... :confused:

Welcome to TTF.

Do you have a gps lock when trying to Navigate to Home?

(and you DO have Home location established, right?)

The gps signal is what I was referring to. If you set your Home address using actual street number and street name, does that make a difference?

Thanks for the feed back,

I looked again at the settings for home and tried to put it to the house number and street. Guess what? TomTom Start2 doesn't think my house exists. Which is interesting as it was built in 1650 so it should be on a map by now.

So after trying varies themes on my address it finally settled on my neighbour 5 houses away. The 'go home' function now appears to be working, so long as I know my way from my neighbour.

All that aside, I am not a techno person and this model really suits me. Not too much stuff to deal with. Really like the way it announces the the NAME of the street to turn on to.

Overall, satisfied customer. (Now I can almost get home)
Cheers.

TomTom Start2 doesn't think my house exists. Which is interesting as it was built in 1650 so it should be on a map by now.
1650? Could it be that the Derby historical society has eliminated your address in favor of a POI under the "Museum" cateogory?:p

So after trying varies themes on my address it finally settled on my neighbour 5 houses away. The 'go home' function now appears to be working, so long as I know my way from my neighbour.
That's probably just as well. We often recommend to people to use a nearby intersection for their "Home" position. If someone snatches your unit whilst you're away from home, they don't have the address for your house - where you're not. Odd that they missed your address, though. Is yours the last address at the end of a lane? Does it have a proper number?

Ask a Question