tomtom start2

TomTom Model(s)
start2
Can anybody help me pls as tom tom are unable to help me with this problem??
My tomtom2 start has corrupt software and I need to reload this.
The version is 9.510 and the fault is no remaining distance displayed on screen ie 14.2 miles to home typical.
This happened more than 12 months ago while updating software from tom tom.
Thanks mickelmas.

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/thread...-to-the-computer-and-how-to-restore-it.17864/
Then, in Home-->Manage my Unit-->remove the application from the device. Then, remove the application from Items on Computer-->Application.

In Home, Update my Unit. Download & install the application offered. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Restart the unit, reconnect to Home and make sure no further applications are offered.

Again, disconnect properly.

I don't know the "start2" but on my GO and my Via under Settings I tap "Status bar" > "Next" and put a check mark at "Remaining distance".

Yes, it might be as simple as that. Tomtom changed the default settings for what is displayed on the status bar some time ago, so you may need to re-set them yourself.

Also, there is a maximum number of items that can be shown at the same time, so if you tick all the boxes, something will get left off. So you need to try some experiments to see what options you are happiest with.

Do this BEFORE you try reloading any software.

Ask a Question