Sound stopped working

TomTom Model(s)
Via 1500
When I turned on my 720 last night, I noticed that it didn't say Motorolla phone connected as it usually does and there was no sound whatsoever form the internal speaker. I tapped the right top corner to repeat last direction given and to check volume and volume is still set to 90% and still no sound. I even checked to make sure sound was on and it is. Checked "Change Voice" and selected Susan and pushed test and still no sound. I used a paperclip to reset and still no sound. I held the speaker up to my ear and turned unit on and I can hear slight static/dead air like when you're on the phone and no one is talking and sound stops when unit is turned off.

I just tried to use bluetooth function and the internal speaker seems to work b/c the phone was ringing through the internal speaker but still no sound for navigation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:
When I turned on my 720 last night, I noticed that it didn't say Motorolla phone connected as it usually does and there was no sound whatsoever form the internal speaker. I tapped the right top corner to repeat last direction given and to check volume and volume is still set to 90% and still no sound. I even checked to make sure sound was on and it is. Checked "Change Voice" and selected Susan and pushed test and still no sound. I used a paperclip to reset and still no sound. I held the speaker up to my ear and turned unit on and I can hear slight static/dead air like when you're on the phone and no one is talking and sound stops when unit is turned off.

I just tried to use bluetooth function and the internal speaker seems to work b/c the phone was ringing through the internal speaker but still no sound for navigation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Same thing with me yesterday. No more sound! I was driving, next thing the sound was weired than nothing...

Something similar happens to me every few weeks. All of a sudden I lose sound permanently. I'm able to recover by a pin reset.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Same problem, sound very wierd, some times when I turn it on, sometimes during instructions. I think we have some buggy software versions.

Ask a Question