Sorry for the noob questions...

Hmmm....According to the "show the contents of my device" I have the latest version of USA & Canada. But everytime I click something in home a pop up comes up telling me to buy there awesome 1 year subscription, which I already have....a bit annoying. Seriously, its it going to keep telling me to buy something I already have?

It also says the USA & Canada map was modified to fit the 1gb device, which scares me a bit wondering if I could have gotten a better quality USA map....I think someone said this isnt the case? Or am I mistaken? Is the USA only a better map quality then the USA + Canada?

Seems like things like this always give me a mild headache...hehehe

Last edited:
This is what I have....

gps2.jpg

This is what it keeps telling me.

gps1.jpg

Its making Home almost unusable. It wont tell me anything about mapshares either as everything is apparently "out of date". Any idea's, I tried calling Tomtom but I was hung up on 4 times in a row so I gave up with that....

BTW I also already paid for everything its offering me. I'm not a big fan of this software, it seems VERY buggy. Esp. if you spend 60 dollars with them you'd think they would make it less buggy...

Let me guess I'm the first person to use the update service and it doesnt work right yet? Oh boy, I cant wait to have to get on the phone and argue with someone for hours about how they owe me maps I already paid for...

If this is a new feature I'd suggest holding off using it for a little bit. At least until it tells me that I dont still owe them money for it (even though I already paid for it)....

Quick bump...

As a side note after using the updated map all I have to say is...wow. Tons of little things I forgot about are fixed. Also gas stations and a couple other points of interest now have the brands emblem instead of a generic gas pump, cool stuff. I would have thought that wouldnt have been effected but whatever...Another thing that I wouldnt think would be effect is my arrival time, usually when I have an hour drive the GPS would overestimate by about 10-15 minutes. Today however its been right on time or 5 minutes late (I got there early but it predicted later) which is something else I wouldnt have thought would be effect and maybe it was just a coincidence. It still took me a round about way this morning but it was a way I rather have went then a more direct route so I guess I shouldnt complain about that (yes I have fastest route set)....

Still a few errors that I previously had but aside from that I'm really really happy I updated the map. And I get 3-4 more updates that I've already paid for. Hopefully within that years time they really get some new maps, I've been VERY adamant about reporting errors so hopefully that helps.

I still have TomTom Home telling me my map is out of date and for me to try the new service however I noticed that actually an extension of Home (map status indicator extension). I might just disable that and just check for map updates time to time since an update is unlikely to slide by without me noticing...

I have to say I went from a "meh" customer to a pretty satisfied customer. I think once they get the map up to date it will be relatively easy keeping it up to date....

Thanks again for you guys that helped me out. I dont know if anyone is actually interested but I'll bump this thread when Home issues I'm having are resolved, since I feel its just something they may have over looked since the update service subscription is relatively new.

Last edited:
I think we all appreciate the feedback you are providing vis-a-vis your experiences with your unit and with dealing with the company over various issues.

Thanks!

Ask a Question