noob question - sorry

i got a tom tom one (ver3) for my birthday.
i hooked it up to my computer and registered.
but then decided to take it back for the tom tom one LE.
not sure if this was wise or not. anyway...

my question, I hookep up my new one, and the website wont let me link my new LE to my account.
there appears to be no way to remove the original one.

now I can't download any new stuff.
please help.

on a side note, having played with both of them, the ver3 one, actually had more POI. It had the starbucks by my house.

the LE which I figured was better, is lacking in the POI dept. at least no starbucks, is the first thing I noticed.

So i need to get this thing linked, so I can get new POI or maps or whatever.

i plan to call customer support, but got impatient so I came here,
they are only open reg business hours.

anything I can do?

Yeah TT only allows one e-mail address per TT unit so you need to use another e-mail account.

thanks for the help, it worked. I appreciate it.

strange way to solve it though.
now i have 2 accounts, one being for an item returned to the store, that I will never use again as its gone, on my main email, with no way to change.

anyway, once i updated the maps on the LE, its great. At least the starbucks by my house came back. Not a big deal as I know where its at, but I figurered when im out of town on business, i want it to find starbucks at the very least.

my latest problem, is my phone which is failry new, a few months, Samsung slider phone. Has Bluetooth, internet, even tv (I don't subscribe).

but tom tom wont recgonize it.

Does it really matter, what am I losing by not being able to link my phone to it?
I would pay additional money for anything, but if it allowed me to get weather or other features (not even sure what mapshare is, is mapshare a bluetooth thing?)

tia
rjp

Correct. This is done because the unit is unique just like the email. This also validates when using TomTom Plus Services.

So, if I understand this correctly... If I have 3 TT units, I can only register one per email account?

That's dumb.:confused: :eek: :confused:

I believe that TomTom is very short on their ability to setup and organize web content. I am not sure that they care... or at least I have gotten less than impressive responses from emailing them or when I have spoken to a live person.

I work in a business that support is our life, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest), I would rate TomTom at about a 2. They have closed a support request without even talking to me like they said they would.:mad: :(

I believe that the support team needs to be shaken up at the business.

I believe that TomTom is very short on their ability to setup and organize web content. I am not sure that they care... or at least I have gotten less than impressive responses from emailing them or when I have spoken to a live person.

I work in a business that support is our life, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest), I would rate TomTom at about a 2. They have closed a support request without even talking to me like they said they would.:mad: :(

I believe that the support team needs to be shaken up at the business.

I second you!:(

Sounds like they need a decent database under the web services. I know for a fact it wouldn't be that hard to associate one email address with several units; assuming of course the units have unique serial numbers.

Ask a Question