Sorry if this has been asked an answered

I just didn't find anything that really fit my situation. Just bought a XL 335.SE. I'm talking literally 2 hours ago. Finally got the HOME software installed. Comes with lifetime updates. Anyways, went through the setup and installed all the files it said I needed to install. Then I registered the TT. After registering, it said I had additional updates. It appears to be the North American Map. Its a GIG in size. Control panel says I only have 336 MB left.

Anyways, its downloading right now. Takes about two hours for my speed. Trying to get ahead of the game because I want to use it in about 4 hours. So my question is this.

Once the GIG map is downloaded, will it simply overwrite the existing map or am I in for a not enough memory on the device? If not enough memory, then I can simply delete the existing North American map and go through the update process again. That should be that...right?

@Jack
Yes, the new map will replace the old map. You should not have to delete the old map first. And Lupus provides you with very sound advice. ALWAYS have a backup of a working version of your unit before starting any major upgrade.

Ask a Question