Some sliver of hope in my everlasting journey

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
As some of you may know, I've been patiently waiting for my DVD to arrive and patiently waiting for my traffic account to reset.

As of now, there's a tiny sliver of hope.

Dear [Nextourer],

We have been experiencing problems with our server over the past few days. Will you keep trying until you are able to connect? Also, remember that the server will take 24 hours to process your request so the Traffic feature will not be available to you for 24 hours after you successfully subscribe. Another customer had your same "2029" error a few minutes ago, so we would recommend waiting until tomorrow to try again. We apologize for this inconvenience. We are working on our server.

Our map DVD has been mailed through the Post Office. Please give the shipment another week to arrive at your house.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Hopefully the e-mail as some truth in it! :) yay!

Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon
I see the passion in your eyes
Sometimes it's all a big surprise
'Cause there was a time when all I did was wish
You'd tell me that your Maps arrived
It's not the way I hoped or how I planned
But somehow it's enough

And now we're posting "face to face"
Isn't this world a crazy place
Just when I thought your chance had passed
TomTom went and save the best for last.....

Here's to hoping...heh? ;)

I'm tellin you.... fanchee need to fly to the midwest and you need to take a road trip over the border...

maybe when you get home you'll have some presents in your mailbox!

I saw yoru post and emmediatly thought of that song so had to google the lyrics and change it up a bit. Sorry for the jokes at your expense of not having your upgrades yet...

all in clean fun heh? ;)

I'm tellin you.... fanchee need to fly to the midwest and you need to take a road trip over the border...

maybe when you get home you'll have some presents in your mailbox!

I saw yoru post and emmediatly thought of that song so had to google the lyrics and change it up a bit. Sorry for the jokes at your expense of not having your upgrades yet...

all in clean fun heh? ;)
no worries. Like I said, I had a good laugh! :)

Yeah, after the initial contact (which I believe was roughly 4 days after e-mailing via "Contact Us"), the subsequent replies were really quick.

Any update? Or did you get it and that's why you aren't online... you're out driving around testing the quality of your newly install/updated maps!!!

sorry to burst your bubbles. It's not here. I've been busy with homework and projects this term.

It was supposedly sent out last Thurs so let's hope it's here by this Thurs (unless custom takes extra time).

Yeah and my wife's company mailed her tax forms to her 2 weeks ago... they are less then 2 miles away and we are STILL waiting...

I hope you have good luck by the weekend!

no worries. Like I said, I had a good laugh! :)

Yeah, after the initial contact (which I believe was roughly 4 days after e-mailing via "Contact Us"), the subsequent replies were really quick.

You are not alone...
They have not even answered my email via "Contact Us" - That was 8 days ago. I know they received it because it shows up "Unresolved" on their "My Support" page.

Ok, it's Friday, it's been one week. Where the hell is my DVD?!?!?

Oh and traffic still isn't working. This is getting damn annoying. I know it's free (except for s/h) but why the hell is it getting to other Texans and not up here lol.

Has any other Canuck received theirs? Are they waiting to do a bulk shipment to Canada or what?!?!

I'm getting annoyed and to be honest, even pissed off at the slowness of TomTom's support unit. I realise there are probably a lot of calls and e-mails to go through but if stuff were done in a timely manner, people wouldn't be complaining this much in the first place.

Nextourer, I don't blame you at all. I would be totally annoyed by now if I were you. I also am wondering if anyone else from Canada has had better luck receiving their DVD.

Hey.... I think I helped a brother out.....

I understand the frustration of not getting what one ordered...

THAT'S why I made the downloads available! So it can't be ALL bad can it?
....geesh

I know, I know... I'd want the DVD in hand to. But at least people (who make requests) are getting the MAPS from an alternate source while they....

.......wait

Yeah, thanks battom for the maps! But your work shouldn't be a substitute for TomTom's poor support. They might as well hire you lol.

you really wanna know what it is? I'm a troubleshooter/programmer/helper dude/nice guy.

since this whole map thing (sorry that's TT related in a nonTT forum) I've been trying to write a script that will allow you to... nevermind... TT related!!!

Anyway... I've been on my laptop ALL night EVERY night ALL week... programming to help... ;)

....it's what I do.

....wait a minute!!! Hey TT UK....

PAY ME!!!!

ok I give up.

I just called TT support. They told me it's a 20 minute wait. I've been waiting for one freaking hour. &@%)@#$^@#$

this is pathetic

Edit: oh and is 1-866 a long distance call? If so, they owe me an hour's worth lol.

Ask a Question