Yea, I'm new to TT; hope I did not make a mistake

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Hi to all other TT members.

Just bought this to replace my Garmin 76C. Which I still own but I wanted a GPS with touch screen.

So far I'm not sure if I bought the right GPS.

My question to all is:

I want to pre-plan my routes on my PC and transfer those routes to my TT? Is that possible?

That was very easy on my Garmin using MapSource and City Select.

I have yet to figure that out on the TT.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Hi to all other TT members.

Just bought this to replace my Garmin 76C. Which I still own but I wanted a GPS with touch screen.

So far I'm not sure if I bought the right GPS.

My question to all is:

I want to pre-plan my routes on my PC and transfer those routes to my TT? Is that possible?

That was very easy on my Garmin using MapSource and City Select.

I have yet to figure that out on the TT.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
You can use Google maps in conjunction with itineraries and send the results as an itinerary to your TomTom unit. You can also plan trips using the Virtual Go in TomTom home software and store the result on your connected unit.

dhn,

Thank you for the quick reply/advice.

It sounds like I can do what I want, that makes me much more comfortable in my decision to buy the TT.

I use google maps almost every day and it would be great to be able to transfer routes from google to the TT. I will have to figure out how to do that.

Frankly, using the TT software is not very intuitive to me. Believe it or not but the Garmin MapSource was easier for me.

thanks again for your input.

steve

dhn,

Thank you for the quick reply/advice.

It sounds like I can do what I want, that makes me much more comfortable in my decision to buy the TT.

I use google maps almost every day and it would be great to be able to transfer routes from google to the TT. I will have to figure out how to do that.

Frankly, using the TT software is not very intuitive to me. Believe it or not but the Garmin MapSource was easier for me.

thanks again for your input.

steve

Go to this link:

http://www.houghi.org/tomtom/

It's the site of a Google itinerary to TomTom converter. You'll need it to do as you wish. You can send Business addresses from Google to TomTom directly but the link is the application to allow for Goole ITINERARIES to be used with TomTom units.

Ask a Question