Software 7.221 and Map 720

Has anyone gotten VR to work with map version 720 running on software version 7.221 on a Go 920?

I lost VR when I upgraded, and TT won't help unless I upgrade software to 7.481.

I've already tried pin resets and the clear flash tool with no avail.

Are the maps possibly made to work with the up to date software? (720 being designed for software 7.481 since it was available at the time when the map was released) Since I'm experiencing other issues: Slow route recalculations, crazier than normal routes, unit doesn't recognize certain movements (it still shows me on the previous road even after I've turned the corner.)

Has anyone gotten VR to work with map version 720 running on software version 7.221 on a Go 920?

I lost VR when I upgraded, and TT won't help unless I upgrade software to 7.481.

I've already tried pin resets and the clear flash tool with no avail.

Are the maps possibly made to work with the up to date software? (720 being designed for software 7.481 since it was available at the time when the map was released) Since I'm experiencing other issues: Slow route recalculations, crazier than normal routes, unit doesn't recognize certain movements (it still shows me on the previous road even after I've turned the corner.)
7.481 restored VR for me on my 920. No problem with map 7.20.
John

7.481 restored VR for me on my 920. No problem with map 7.20.
John

John,

Many of us found that street lists and POI lists weren't searchable in version 7.481 which is why a lot of us stayed with firmware 7.221. Are you saying that's not a problem with map 720?

I'm not sure about the street lists but I haven't had any poi problems. Actually I haven't had any significant issues and as I said it restored VR for me. I only wish it would have restored "Operate My Go" for this device. It's puzzling why this function works for my 930 but not the 920 using my mac.
John

Speaking from my own limited experience, the POI/cross street issues still persist with 7.481 and the 7.20 maps. VR worked fine, the rest did not.

Ask a Question