Anybody try software ver 7.221 on the 920T?

TomTom Model(s)
920T
HOME tells me I can download the newest version of the TomTom Application, but I thought I'd wait a bit. I see they're discussing it over in the 720 forum, and it evidently enables voice input on that model.

In the "information" dialog box it says to see this link for a list of changes: www.tomtom.com/6141. But when you go there, it's a list of changes in version 7.161 instead of 7.221.

The url they provide is always never updated to reflect the firmware you are downloading.

Apparently, the new firmware for the 920 is just some small fix for the RDS

i downloaded it and am running it. everything seems fine for now.
traffic RDS works fine (FYI it worked fine for me b4 too, so dunno what exactly was broken that the new update fixed!) :D

i am sorry, I don't follow.
What's the one minute delay issue? I would be happy to test it on 7.221 for you

ok you are using a 920T and maybe in your unit the old firmware did not have that 1 minute delay issue neither. But in 720 case , users, are getting all events reported with only 1 minute delay. Garmin units like my c550 had the same issue until garmin released a new firmware that fixed it.

try a route that involves delays and check the delays that it reports for every event. i have only tried the GPRS version of traffic and it accurately reports different delay times for the events.

thanks for testing by the way. here in NA tomtom RDS-TMC uses the same provider as Garmin , Total Traffic Network , TTN.

downloaded

HOME tells me I can download the newest version of the TomTom Application, but I thought I'd wait a bit. I see they're discussing it over in the 720 forum, and it evidently enables voice input on that model.

In the "information" dialog box it says to see this link for a list of changes: www.tomtom.com/6141. But when you go there, it's a list of changes in version 7.161 instead of 7.221.

Did download but can't really find anything different then from before download. I have no problems with the voice imput. If you are playing around alot with the tomtom sometimes a memory problem will occur which prevents voice imput. You must soft boot unit 3 times and then try the voice imput. It should work. Michael

No more handsfree with Sprint Katana

I downloaded Version 7.221 2 days ago and now the handsfree function doesn't work on my 920T. I tried re-pairing with the phone and it won't even connect. Damn these software upgrades. This is the reason I took the 720 back and now it is deja vue all over again. This function is one of the reasons I bought a TomTom. Any ideas short of reinstalling the older version.
John

trafficinfo,
Sorry it took a while, but I tested the 1 minute delay bug, and it still exists :(
Here's what I found

I plotted a route through a road that had an accident and it correctly worked and gave me a 56 minute delay.
However, the next day, I plotted a route through a road that shows up as yellow with slow traffic - it is here that it says Delay 1 minute :(

well... but at least it gave you a 56 min delay the day before. maybe the 1 min was real although i doubt it, it is usually more!!!. it all depends how long you have to drive along that road. before, users were complaining that if not always almost all messages were 1 minute delay. i sent an email to total traffic newtork , de traffic provider, and they responded that it was a firmware issue that every GPS manufacturer has to solve via firmware. and garmin did solved it via firmware update recently so i beleive them.

thanks for testing by the way.

Ask a Question