SIM Cars

On what device? And do you mean the sdhc card in the device? If so, just look at the contents using Explorer (or Finder if a Mac). The card appears as an external drive.

@Weecosse
I assume you don't mean SIM card, since neither of the units you specify are "Live" units with a SIM card, but rather, the SD memory card (if installed) on your 920.

If you have the 920, when you plug it into your PC, you'll see two new external drives appear. One is the internal memory of your device. The other is your SD card.

On what device? And do you mean the sdhc card in the device? If so, just look at the contents using Explorer (or Finder if a Mac). The card appears as an external drive.

DHN, it is and sdhc card. It is on a on a GO920. Can you tell me how to do use Explorer (on a Windows PC) to view the files?

When you connect your device via its USB cable, your TomTom appears as one (or two, if you have the SDHC card installed) external drives on your PC, just as if you had - for example - inserted a thumb drive / USB stick into the USB port.

When you connect your device via its USB cable, your TomTom appears as one (or two, if you have the SDHC card installed) external drives on your PC, just as if you had - for example - inserted a thumb drive / USB stick into the USB port.

The only thing that I can see is a folder on my Device called SIMCARD. The only thing in the folder is a file called mobility.sim.

OK. I may be out in left field here, but WHAT are you connecting to your computer? A TomTom nav device, or something ELSE?

If you are connecting your 920, you should see it separately as a disk drive, and assuming you have a properly formatted SDHC card installed, you should see that separately as a disk drive.

Was the SDHC card being used for something else previously?

OK. I may be out in left field here, but WHAT are you connecting to your computer? A TomTom nav device, or something ELSE?

If you are connecting your 920, you should see it separately as a disk drive, and assuming you have a properly formatted SDHC card installed, you should see that separately as a disk drive.

Was the SDHC card being used for something else previously?

I was able to read the card which was showing a DSCIM folder containing photos from my camera. I have deleted the files on it I'll just get a new card and use that.

Thanks for your help!

Wow - I'm glad we got that figured out! For your 920, assuming it has current code, a 4GB Class 6 card is sufficient to handle any North America map with plenty of room to spare.
If you plan to have Europe as well (a feature of your 920), and since there's a pinch for space as the maps get bigger, you can keep your North America map in internal memory and your European map on the card, or v. versa.

Ask a Question