XL IQ Routes ² missing simplified menu

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ Routes ²
Hi

I use XL IQ Routes ² (serial number GVxxxxxxxxxx),version 9.510.1234792.1 os 842337 it didn't have any simplified menu until a friend of mine has advised me to add a mnu file with the following settings

MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_DONE|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2| by Dobry5885|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2|Menu - 1/3|
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_NIGHTVIEW|"Noche.bmp"|"Night Mode On/Off"|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|"CPrefer.bmp"|"Cambiar preferencias"|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE3|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE3|Menu - 2/3|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIRM_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE4|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE4|Menu - 3/3|
MENUITEM|TASK_ABOUT|
MENUITEM|TASK_DOC_BROWSER|
MENUITEM|TASK_IMAGE_BROWSER|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_PREF|BTM_DONE|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE5|Preferencias - 1/5|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_FAVORITES|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_VOICE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MANAGE_MAPS|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIGURE_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE6|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE6|Preferencias - 2/5|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_PLANTYPE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_STATUS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_COLOR_SCHEMES|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_BRIGHTNESS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_SOUND|"Sonido.bmp"|"Sonido Off/On"|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE7|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE7|Preferencias - 3/5|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_VOLUME|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_CLOCK_TYPE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_DIST_UNITS|
MENUITEM|TASK_LEFTHANDED|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_KEYBOARD_SIZE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE8|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE8|Preferencias - 4/5|
MENUITEM|TASK_MANAGE_MAPS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_TIPS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_LINE_IMAGES|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_2D3D|"2D_3D.bmp"|"Vista 2D/3D"|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_PROMPT|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE9|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE9|Preferencias - 5/5|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_NAME_DISPLAY|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_TOLL|
MENUITEM|TASK_TUTORIAL|
MENUITEM|TASK_CHANGE_HOME_LOCATION|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE1|"Imagenes.bmp"|"Voces e Imбgenes"|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE5|

There is an improvement, but is there any option to, which can allow me to configure my tomtom as this guide http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/xliqr2/refman/TomTomXL-ReferenceGuide-en-GB.pdf.

The custom file is there to add features beyond the factory-installed simplified menu.

To return to the factory-installed menu, search and delete all .mnu files from the device, then open Tomtom HOME, manage my XL, and remove all applications on the "items on device" and "items on computer" tabs, then do "Update my XL" to let HOME reinstall the factory menu. You may need to do the update step a few times.

Hi

I’ve done all steps. When I had deleted all application from computer and device,deleted one mnu file, located in Sdkregistry I’ve updated, but it occurred an error message this map cannot be used on this device. (maps 849,854,852) I had to use a patched navcore 95.10 . After that I have the same menu, without any differences

BR

Mariyan

Was your original firmware 'patched', as you call it (something we normally do NOT discuss here!)? Where did your map come from? It sounds to me as though you had hacked firmware and a bogus map, and when you reverted to the 'real' TomTom code, it refused to recognize your bogus map.

Thank you for the answer..

Sorry, I will not discuss such illegal maps.

Something, what I did not mention. My father has bought it from Germany with the original map central Europe 900. I have deleted the patched, copied back the original map on the device, I have done again, what I have described in the post above. It did not occur the same error message, but I have still the same menu

Br MAriyan

OK. I am glad that you at least have the original map and updated firmware now.

Let's try to understand what you are requesting and explain how this works. First, there is normally no *.mnu file on your device -- the factory menu does not require a *.mnu file -- it is only for making custom menus. If you have a *.mnu file in your sdkregistry folder, it will be used. If there is no *.mnu file there, your factory default menu will appear. I am not sure why the above recommendation to reload your firmware was suggested.

So if I understand, you are looking to create a menu that is even more simplified than the menu system that an IQRoutes2 units comes with from the factory? You wish to have what we call the "Two button" menu?

I have got this
original.jpg

instead this
13.PNG

According to the user manual, it should be installed the second one. Is there any solution?

Scratching head. Manual clearly does not match your unit. Need to start from the beginning. I think I have one of the best serial prefix lists going. Still trying to figure out exactly which model you own.
I do not see "GV" listed for any unit. IQRoutes2 units should be GG, GH, GI, GJ or GK. And yet one can plug "GV" into the configuration tool at TomTom and wow - it comes back with XL Classic/XL IQ Routes ² - 4GB. I had never previously heard of a 4GB IQRoutes2 unit, either. It is the first that I have encountered. Also the first IQRoutes2 unit that I have seen that does NOT use the "2 button" menu as you show in your illustration. Honestly, I don't know WHAT it is!

Most people would be happy to be rid of a simplified menu unit and yearn to add the functions back that come with the six button units, but you are trying to go the other way.

Anyway -- I know of no method for doing what you request. That's because the main screen is structured very differently in many respects. It is not just a matter of changing the 'changeable' buttons, because as you will note, there additional 5 buttons at the bottom of the 'two button' units (sound, night, help, etc.) that cannot be changed by any *.mnu or other means by the user. Those are part of the firmware for that particular unit, and not available to you.

I think I may have the simple answer...

The bottom picture you show of the menu with just "change route" and "browse map" has NEVER been available on any model I have had in the UK.
I believe that "two icons" menu has only ever appeared on US models, even if you have the same Navcore software installed. It "knows" where your model comes from and adjusts accordingly.
(From your other picture it looks like you are from Europe)

As for WHY they have included that menu in the US and not in Europe, I've no idea!

Has someone of you access to such us version. I want to know, if it is possible to make a backup, to delete all my files without the maps and to copy the new from the Us version on mine, in order to have this two icons menu?

Thank you in advance

Ask a Question