Should I upgrade my 660.1215 maps?

I'm a bit concerned that several people say the new maps seem to have some mistakes and/or missing POI data when compared to previous map versions.

My TomTom ONE has 660.1215 preinstalled and I ordered the maps upgrade dvd. I plan to buy a 2 gig SD card to update the maps but now I'm not so sure. So far the maps that came with the ONE seem fine in the southern California area.

Has anyone stuck with 660.1215 due to complaints about the newer maps? I would like to upgrade to get the Shops POI (I assume/hope it's more complete than the US Retail Stores POI list from the TomTom Home website).

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Well as long as you have a backup of your maps upgrading shouldn't be a problem. If you feel like the maps are not what it should be you can always restore the orginal. It might be easier just to swap the orignal with your 2GB with the updated maps.

In my case, I had no problems with the updated maps.

I have, heh.

I've been switching back and forth between the maps. I like the new one b/c I have more space.

But then I'm missing POIs and there's no difference in roads in my area.

Ask a Question