Services ? on Via 125

TomTom Model(s)
910GO VIA125 LIVE
Hi all I recently purchased a VIA125 European map version, and after getting it home I found that Halfords who I purchased it from had given me the Homer Simpson item instead now as I pointed out to them I was not going to pay a premium for something like an extra voice when I can get it for free any way on the web and to be honest I tend to delete the voices as I only want to listen out for speed cams etc...

My problem is I thought I was getting the Live services version and as I drive for a living this is something I wanted and thought I had the year free deal....after this period I would then decide if it was worth continuing....

Anyway on connecting to the PC I see that Traffic is there and indeed speed camera's but on clicking on Traffic it says

"CONNECT A TOM TOM RDS-TMC TRAFFIC RECEIVER"

Well I got out my old 910GO and went to plug in the Traffic Receiver you know the one when you spend an extra £60 and they say buy once never buy again and get free traffic for life........and hey as if by magic there's no where to plug it into....come on what gives what's the little secret.....I want to be able to get Live services how do I get around this or have I just been sold the wrong product and I have to take it back...:confused:

Lee F

Yes I know that's why I have posted this as I do not see them items what I want to know is can it still be subscribed to as this is what I asked for when I brought the Tom Tom.....unless it can be then I will have to take it back as it is not the Tom Tom said I wanted....

You've got the wrong product, take it back.

LIVE services include "HDTraffic" This is different (and hopefully better) than the "RDS-TMC" Traffic you got using your plug-in receiver.
You might want to read some of the epic topics about TT reducing the "horizon" for traffic reports though..
but don't forget, the LIVE services include other useful things like Google Search too (and Trip Adviser, Expedia etc. in some countries as well).

As you've probably guessed by now, a few years ago they designed a new, improved RDS receiver that now uses the main USB connection, so they haven't had a separate connector for the receiver on a TomTom for ages.

Thanks, its was the Google side of things I wanted the most. I will be returning the product.

Took the unit back to Halfords today expecting an argument, you know the kind where voices get raised and all their customers leave the shop kerching kerching!

I pointed out that despite pointing to the device that I wanted they hay given me the basic Via125 and that it was not only the wrong one but it was still advertised @ £149 instead of £169 and was still located on the LIVE display they had set out...

To their credit they apologised and gave the LIVE version @ no extra charge and gave me £20 to spend on anything in the shop that day as an apology.....

Hats of to Halford......I have spent a lot of money with them over the years on stereos and tools etc and bikes for the kids but was willing to walk but they really did care....certainly makes a change fro the numpty in Jessops that I was talking to who just walked away from a certain sale of a digital camera because he wanted to carry on talking crap with the other assistants........

O and just for your hardware list. this does not have any kind of memory slot and also no device number or barcode unlike the Via 125 ( basic ) version

I though all retail units had the barcode and serial number on the unit.

If you go to Settings-->Me and my Device-->About My Device, you'll find the information there.

Probably not a bad idea to take a photo of that screen if you need the info for future reference.

Sorry I meant to say serial id etc not on a little barcode type sticker that was on my 910 GO inside where the mount went and on the VIA 125 ( Basic ) just inside where the mini USB recess sits...

The VIA 125 LIVE does not have this sticker.......I had to boot up the device for the Customer chat to get it recognised on my email account and the old one taken off

Sorry about the confusion I caused

No problem. What is important is that the serial number is visible somewhere there on the outside. It should start with the letters BN. The non-live model starts with BM, I think.

There is NO serial number or identification of any type on the UK sold VIA 125 LIVE Europe edition.....for your records it only has TOM TOM on the top face or bottom so it looks the same either way up there is no other ID present...

The ID: is FP540 1H00***

FP is the beginning of the serial number, and does match your unit. My bad - you've got a 4GB Live unit, and could start with either FO or FP.

I'm glad they got you sorted. Funny that no one had yet noticed what bin things were in by the time you returned.

There is NO serial number or identification of any type on the UK sold VIA 125 LIVE Europe edition.....

Want to know a secret.....? :cool:

attachment.php

I think you might find a micro SD card slot in there too. :)

--------------------

Attachments

• Via_Live_Slot_and_Barcode.jpg
    Via_Live_Slot_and_Barcode.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 7,715
Andy, your the man :D :thumb:

Well not on show anyway :lol:

Will the micro sd slot ever get activated?

As for activating the slot ... most likely. While not yet active on any of the recent platform models available for sale, it is on their "to do" list. I believe the 820/825 was scheduled for this update a couple of months back, but it hasn't happened (yet), but not for lack of effort. Stay tuned.

The fit of that little cover on the "bottom" (or top, depending upon how you mount it) is SO good that it took me a while to discover it on my GO1535. Several of the guys here have the GO1535 model and didn't spot it, either, so you are in good company.

As for activating the slot ... most likely. While not yet active on any of the recent platform models available for sale, it is on their "to do" list. I believe the 820/825 was scheduled for this update a couple of months back, but it hasn't happened (yet), but not for lack of effort. Stay tuned.

The fit of that little cover on the "bottom" (or top, depending upon how you mount it) is SO good that it took me a while to discover it on my GO1535. Several of the guys here have the GO1535 model and didn't spot it, either, so you are in good company.

Just installed the latest software update and you can now use a micro sd card in the Via models, Works a treat on my Via 125 live......:)

Ask a Question