send map from one xl-s to another

I bought a used xl-s, it had one map of guam in internal memory,I managed to delete it,now there is no map of anywhere. I am wondering if i can get the (us can) map from my brothers tomtom and somehow install it on my unit? any help would be much appreciated!

No - the maps are keyed to the unit serial number and can't be exchanged or copied.

You will need to call TomTom tech support, advise them of your situation, and ask them to "push" whatever level map was most recently available to the serial number you now own.

Alternately, if you KNOW the person from whom you bought the unit, and they will give you their login information to TomTom.com, you can use TomTom Home to retrieve the map providing it really isn't anywhere on the unit.

Alternately, if you KNOW the person from whom you bought the unit, you can hope they did a backup at some point and have a copy of the map on their PC.

Why would they delete it anyway?!?

All said, I'm guessing your stuck with option #1 in the above post.

I bought a used xl-s, it had one map of guam in internal memory,I managed to delete it,now there is no map of anywhere. I am wondering if i can get the (us can) map from my brothers tomtom and somehow install it on my unit? any help would be much appreciated!
Check ur maps size..u may have a partial download..but if it's really deleted just call support & like canderson said if u explain they'll get a map 4 u...

Thanks for your advice canderson,I did what you suggested ,and TomTom sent the map for free. It's abig download,it took my pc over 21/2 hrs. but I am very happy!!!! thanks again ps the first time I called support they quoted $79.00

Ask a Question