Selecting POI along route removes original destination

This happened on my old Tomtom To.

1) I select navigate to <some address>
2) while driving I select navigate to POI along Route, and select "mcdonalds" for example

it now routes me to mcdonals as the finish route, and when i get there, the original desitination does not re-appear or allowed to be continued to ..?

I called and they said to uninstall and reinstall. I find it hard to believe this will work but I am trying..

I would like to know if this is just the way it is? If so, back to amazon it goes. I don't want to have to reselect my original route just because I want to stop on a poi or possible another location on the way..

travel via

i don't remember seeing a travel via option on a us 930 model..

what screen is it on ?

i can't check right now, because i am re installing the application.

I wish I wouldn't have..they said there is a newer version 8.4.x , , but i question that too..

i was running 8.3.x

Once a route is planned and you see the route overview screen, the middle button is 'Find Alternative'. Click it and the next screen has choices which include 'Travel via'. Carry on from there.

btw, application 8.4x is ONLY meant for 940 LIVE units in the UK. The current one for the 930 is still 8.351.

Routing Via - More

Ok. Thanks for showing me where that is - i see I can add a waypoint, but it doesn't show you the waypoint destination in the route - there is no "intermediate" stop shown, so it's hard to tell when you are getting there or how far it is..argh.

Is there third party stuff to fix this?

Also I notice, you can only have one waypoint..so you can't have two stops along your way..argh again.

Iteneraries are nice but life doesn't happen that way. YOu make decisions while you are driving. - unless you can dynamically update them?

any advice? My wife can't handle all the confusion..a nuvi would be easier, but I like tomtom better.

btw, application 8.4x is ONLY meant for 940 LIVE units in the UK. The current one for the 930 is still 8.351.

App 8.4 is for the 140 and 340 models. The 940 still uses app 8.370.

Ok. Thanks for showing me where that is - i see I can add a waypoint, but it doesn't show you the waypoint destination in the route - there is no "intermediate" stop shown, so it's hard to tell when you are getting there or how far it is..argh.

The waypoint will be shown by a yellow flag on the map with a 1 next to it. If you want to have Tomtom stop and consider it a destination, go to itinerary planning and change the waypoint to a destination.

Once you arrive, go back to itinerary planning and tap "done", and the Tomtom will route you to the next destination on your list.

Also I notice, you can only have one waypoint..so you can't have two stops along your way..argh again.

You can have 48 points on an itinerary. Each point can be configured as a waypoint or a destination. The route-via process is a shortcut menu option that only can configure 1 waypoint, you have to go to itinerary planning to configure more of them.

Ask a Question