SD card format problem..here's fix

didnt get time to really go through the advantages over the normal xp formatting methods...but.. i guess its a nice find..;)

SD Card

I tried this software and effectively help you fomat any SD card in the best way, however this software does not duplicate the capacity. :)

Does anybody know how to use an SD card as an extra memory in the TomTom One v4 without copying everything from the main memory?

I tried this software and effectively help you fomat any SD card in the best way, however this software does not duplicate the capacity. :)

Does anybody know how to use an SD card as an extra memory in the TomTom One v4 without copying everything from the main memory?

All the ONE models behave the same: it is either internal memory or SD card that need to have all the information on it. In other words, one needs to copy the entire content of internal memory to the SD card for the ONE to operate.

You should copy all of internal memory to your hard drive using Windows Explorer but not Tomtom Home. Once everything is copied, copy the entire content of the backup to the SD card. This should be better handled with your SD card connected with an adapter that often comes with the SD card. The reason being that the interface provided with the Tomtom is rather slow (USB v1.1). Only the x20 and x30 models feature a USB v2 host interface.

Ask a Question