Screen Vision in daylight?

At times I wish to use my Go 720 as a walk around GPS in addition to inside the vehicle.
I have built a portable power supply that runs the unit for around 5 - 6 hours as the internal battery is totally useless for this purpose.
However I am having trouble seeing the screen in daylight . I have tried the night day screen colours and it don't help .
In the vehicle it is ok but as soon as it is ouside the car I just can't see any detail on the screen.
Anyone got any ideas?

The Africa and Astra color schemes have very high contrast. See if either one works for you in sunlight.

Sunlight glare is a frequently complained about issue with Tomtoms, although Tomtom has mostly fixed the problem with updated screens on its newer models.

Thanks for that I will give that a go and see if it helps.
I have been thinking about making up a kind of goggle arangment like the old radar units had to block out excessive light . It may look a bit weird in use but as longas I get to where I want to go with ease who cares.

Ask a Question