Saving Itineraries

TomTom Model(s)
XL
Newbie here. i can't figure out how to save a particular route so that i can revtrieve it easily. or add poi for that matter. i'm usually really good at this sort of thing. i even read the directions.

Newbie here. i can't figure out how to save a particular route so that i can revtrieve it easily. or add poi for that matter. i'm usually really good at this sort of thing. i even read the directions.

Well, for saving a route you have a couple of choices. One is Navigate To--> and carry on from there selecting appropriate choices for your route selection. Press 'done' when finished. The next time you want to retrieve that route, just select Navigate To-->Recent Destination and you'll find that route listed. Just select it. The downfall (perhaps too harsh a term) to this method is that, of course, you can have many recent destinations listed, that by itself isn't the problem. The problem is that if you decide to delete a recent destination, they ALL get deleted, including perhaps, the one you wanted to keep.

So......a second method is to create your route using the 'Itinerary Planning' option. You can also add waypoints or destinations along the way. You can save the itinerary and call it up as needed.

For adding a poi: Change Preferences --> Manage POI's --> Add POI or Add POI category. If the latter, you get the keyboard screen to type the name you want and add a marker. Then you can go to that category and Add POI to that selected category. You add a poi by selecting that choice and carrying on from there using the options available for the addition (Home, Address, POI, GPS position, position of last stop, etc.)

Hope this helps.

For saving routes, you may wanna map the waypoints on the PC and save them as an itinerary that you can simply call up on your TomTom.. My instructions below:
>>> Google Maps/TYRE Itineraries <<<

You can also add POIs on the PC:
>>> Google Maps and POIs <<<

Ask a Question