Route Not Found error!

I've been getting the "Route Not Found" error when I navigate to a POI. The TT Version 3 seems to have lost its memory (much like me!). The battery never went too low before a recharge, but even so, wouldn't the POI be saved in the flash memory?

Any thoughts on what's happening? THANKS!:confused:

Was this for more than one POI, or just a single one? The reason I ask is that I got this same message trying to navigate back to a favorite I saved using my current GPS position at the time I created the favorite - located about 1500 feet from the nearest road, on a construction site. I assumed that the message had something to do with the destination not being on or close enough to a road.

The times I have received "no route found" it was when I selected "shortest route" and avoid tolls. For the route I was selecting, it would have been an extra 55 miles to avoid the toll...and this seems to be just too far to qualify as shortest route.

Look at your settings under "planning preferences" and "toll road preferences". For planning, I'd suggest "ask me every time" or "always fastest". For tolls, I'd suggest "ask me when they are on my route".

Was this for more than one POI, or just a single one? The reason I ask is that I got this same message trying to navigate back to a favorite I saved using my current GPS position at the time I created the favorite - located about 1500 feet from the nearest road, on a construction site. I assumed that the message had something to do with the destination not being on or close enough to a road.

I have had the same experience. If you set a favorite, poi, etc for a location that is not on or pretty close to a road then the unit can not make a route to it. It is best to set the location to the nearest point on the street shown on the map.

Thanks for the replys guys.

It's multiple POIs, some with addresses, some with "My Current Position" as the saved location. It's as if the machine has been reset for some POIs.

From what I've seen, the fact that the database includes an address for a POI means nothing to the GPS. The POI also contains coordinates, which the GPS uses to establish the location of the POI. It's possible that although the address appears correct, the coordinates associated with the POI are incorrect, and are in fact not on or near a road.

A small example I noted during my initial testing of my Go 920:

Set your current location to 238 Jerseyville Ave, Freehold, NJ. Now navigate to a POI near you, and select Gas Station, then select Fast fuel svc (80 yards away). Now look at the details for Fast fuel svc and you'll see that its address *IS* your current location (238 Jerseyville Ave).

Now for laughs, select the POI as your destination and take a look at the route you get - it's 3.2 MILES long!

I have verified that mapping errors are the cause of the "creative" route, but this clearly demonstrates that it is the store coordinates of a POI, and not the address, that is used for navigation.

Ask a Question